• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do i remove required information?

wolvrinez

configuration/customer details

Cool thanks man, that worked. Is it possible to remove the address and the contact information? I don't need it for what im doing.

Also, how can i change the text that exists there? For example where it asks First Name in the required field, I would like to change it to "Fake Name" for example. Thanks .

About point 2: It?s all in the folder catalog/includes/languages/your language. If you are using English, look for english.php and make the changes. Also, look for account.php and other files that you want to change.

During the New user signup how do i remove the *required fields.  I don't wan my users to have to enter all that info.  Thanks in advance.

let me know if you get a fix on this i want to get rid of it too!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction virose, just checked it out and yea everything is there. Too bad i don't understand it very well. I posted the code i think i have to mess with below. How do i remove the requirement for a new user to enter his/her address? I tried removing it but the fields are still there.

define('ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_TEXT', '*');

define('ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS', '');

define('ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS_ERROR', 'Your Street Address must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.');

define('ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS_TEXT', '*');

define('ENTRY_SUBURB', 'Suburb:');

define('ENTRY_SUBURB_ERROR', '');

define('ENTRY_SUBURB_TEXT', 'Street Address:');

define('ENTRY_POST_CODE', 'Post Code:');

define('ENTRY_POST_CODE_ERROR', 'Your Post Code must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_POSTCODE_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.');

define('ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT', '*');

define('ENTRY_CITY', 'City:');

define('ENTRY_CITY_ERROR', 'Your City must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_CITY_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.');

define('ENTRY_CITY_TEXT', '*');

define('ENTRY_STATE', 'State/Province:');

define('ENTRY_STATE_ERROR', 'Your State must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_STATE_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.');

define('ENTRY_STATE_ERROR_SELECT', 'Please select a state from the States pull down menu.');

define('ENTRY_STATE_TEXT', '*');

define('ENTRY_COUNTRY', 'Country:');

define('ENTRY_COUNTRY_ERROR', 'You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu.');

define('ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT', '*');

Thanks again virose, that link helped. Ive finally removed all the fields except for two.

**Error Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.

**Error You must select a country from the Countries pull down menu.

Ive gotten rid of the rest of the error messages but i don't know where i can remove these two checks.

Also...How do i remove the headings belows the required information. The ones that say,

"Your personal information"

"Your Address"

"Your Contact Information"

"Options"

The fields are now gone but that still remains.

Archived