• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Colors and Firefox

bomarmonk

That depends on how you are specifying your colors. I have seen some pretty strange results when using named colors. Using full hex values (#3A4FCC) works better, but may still look different in different browsers. If you relly must have accurate colors, such as having a background match a header image, then use a single pixel GIF and repeat it to create the color.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That depends on how you are specifying your colors. I have seen some pretty strange results when using named colors. Using full hex values (#3A4FCC) works better, but may still look different in different browsers. If you relly must have accurate colors, such as having a background match a header image, then use a single pixel GIF and repeat it to create the color.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the suggestion... I might try that... I may first give some slight color variations a try... using a more web-safe pallette. I do use the full hex value, but I wasn't that careful to choose something that is from a smaller pallette. It wouldn't seem that a browser would have pallette limitations, but this is grey, a totally different color than what I have selected.... it's not just a slight variation. If all else fails I'll definitely put the sinlge pixel gif as the background image! Again, thanks for the help.

Archived