• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying the popup for larger images?

dailce

I looked at the code in product_info.php.

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

Now this code controls the popup for "click here to enlarge" - right?

I was thinking could I make a folder "large_images" such as /images/lare_images/

And then put larger images with the same file name as the thumbnail popup?

Therfore the result will be a larger image when the buyer clicks on the tumbnail.

I just don't know how to do it. Can someone explain for me.

Thanks

There are a few contributions on making the the popup image the same size as the original, one thet comes to mind is This One and it works very well.

Hope this helps,

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

I FIGURED IT OUT!

Open configure.php and write the following line:

define('DIR_WS_LARGE_IMAGES', 'images/large_images/');

Create a folder in images called "larger_images" and store your larger images, make sure they have the same file name as the thumbnails you used.

Next open popup_image.php and on line 36 change the code to:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_LARGE_IMAGES . $products['products_image'], $products['products_name']); ?>

Very simple and easy, I like it!

• 4 weeks later...
I FIGURED IT OUT!

Open configure.php and write the following line:

define('DIR_WS_LARGE_IMAGES', 'images/large_images/');

Create a folder in images called "larger_images" and store your larger images, make sure they have the same file name as the thumbnails you used.

Next open popup_image.php and on line 36 change the code to:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_LARGE_IMAGES . $products['products_image'], $products['products_name']); ?>

Very simple and easy, I like it!

I tried this and it didnt work. The only file I can find popup_image.php is in the Admin folder. Is this the right file to modify?

Joe

I tried this and it didnt work. The only file I can find popup_image.php  is in the Admin folder. Is this the right file to modify?

Joe

YOU ROCK! I DID IT AGAIN AND IT WORKED. My problem was my images folder was not /images. It was osc/images so I had to tweak your code.

Great Solution.. I love it.

Joe'

Archived