• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using HTML Image Maps as alternative category link

carlosx

Hi,

I'm using OSC with STS for a few days. Now I want to develop a template, that displays an huge image in the content area with clickable zones on it (image maps) for the currently active categories.

The main problem is: How can I add additional infos like the huge image for the active category and map infos (some x,y parameters) for the subcategories. And last but not least: How can I modify the default rendering of subcategories to the new one.

Thanx

carlosx

Hi,

I'm using OSC with STS for a few days. Now I want to develop a template, that displays an huge image in the content area with clickable zones on it (image maps) for the currently active categories.

The main problem is: How can I add additional infos like the huge image for the active category and map infos (some x,y parameters) for the subcategories. And last but not least: How can I modify the default rendering of subcategories to the new one.

Thanx

carlosx

Anybody know's a contribution for this?

This is just a suggestion but you are asking an STS specific question. If you want a response, it would probably be better to ask in the STS support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This is just a suggestion but you are asking an STS specific question.  If you want a response, it would probably be better to ask in the STS support thread. 

Jack

Thanx Jack ... I'll try it in thi way. But what's about my last question. Anybody has some suggestions?

Thanx Jack ... I'll try it in thi way. But what's about my last question. Anybody has some suggestions?

I think You can go into catalog/includes/laungage/english/index.php and put an image map there where you add your html for your page. Be sure to make a copy just in case it does'nt work. :D

Nachoman

Archived