• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Went Live on the 17 and $ales are :thumbsup:

marcanthony

Woow just wan tto ask you guy out there to give me your opinion on my Store, just opened on the 17 without ffinishing and $ales are great I'm still working on it 24/7 and want some good o bad opinion.

Thank, check it out I need opinions HERE :thumbsup:

Congrats on the sales and this is always a positive sign!

My first suggestion is to remove the scrolling and animation at the top. As customers are shopping through your site this will get very annoying after 2 minutes. :) And you want your customers to browse the site for longer than 2 mintues.

Second suggestions is rethink header because it is taking up very valuable screen real estate that could be used for important things like site navigation etc.

Hope that helps....again congrats on the sales.

Note, on the English version http://www.partydesigns.com/catalog/index..../2a/language/en you are missing the top center image.

Looks good!

You may want to consider changing the info box corners to match the red behind the text. This is where one of the images is - if it helps to explain better. http://www.partydesigns.com/catalog/images...corner_left.gif

I also just noticed that your title bar still says Oscommerce - you may want to add your stor title to that and/or remove Oscommerce. You can always keep the 'powered by osc' in your footer.

Looks good!

You may want to consider changing the info box corners to match the red behind the text. This is where one of the images is - if it helps to explain better. http://www.partydesigns.com/catalog/images...corner_left.gif

I also just noticed that your title bar still says Oscommerce - you may want to add your stor title to that and/or remove Oscommerce. You can always keep the 'powered by osc' in your footer.

How I do that I have been trying to do so Help

Looks good!

I talkin gabout the bar where I change that

Congrats on the sales and this is always a positive sign!

My first suggestion is to remove the scrolling and animation at the top. As customers are shopping through your site this will get very annoying after 2 minutes. :) And you want your customers to browse the site for longer than 2 mintues.

Second suggestions is rethink header because it is taking up very valuable screen real estate that could be used for important things like site navigation etc.

Hope that helps....again congrats on the sales.

Note, on the English version http://www.partydesigns.com/catalog/index..../2a/language/en you are missing the top center image.

Thank for your input.

Now how I can change that missing image. and I will change that scrolling and animation.

Thanks and look forward to learn more with your guys.

- Perhaps leave the animation, but take if off loop. Have it fade in once, not once a second.

- Some of the site is in Spanish, some in Englist. Decide to do one, or the other, or both, but not mixed.

- consider shrinking your logo/header. It takes up 35-45% of the vertical space in my browser.

- You're missing the BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT definition. Look in the left column.

- remove "8971 requests since Monday 03 January, 2005". It's not helpful to your customers. Consider removing the date as well.

Good luck!

-jared

- Perhaps leave the animation, but take if off loop. Have it fade in once, not once a second.

- Some of the site is in Spanish, some in Englist.  Decide to do one, or the other, or both, but not mixed.

- consider shrinking your logo/header.  It takes up 35-45% of the vertical space in my browser.

- You're missing the BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT definition.  Look in the left column.

- remove "8971 requests since Monday 03 January, 2005".  It's not helpful to your customers.  Consider removing the date as well.

Good luck!

-jared

Thank for your tips, I just learned this 3 week ago, and I just wanted to have something to spend my time on .

I need some help to change the ?osCommerce and add my ? adn how do I delete the day and the request line.

Thank for the help

Don't forget that this is a two way street. 

Why don't you give us some tips on what you have done (advertising etc) to have your level of sales so great, so quickly.

Well Advertising: Just word of mouth, and I printed some T-Shirts (cost of T-Shirt 1.25, heat transfer 1.00, plus work total 3:00 each. Give them alway between your family friends, etc, let them walk the Mall, Shopping Centers, Schools etc. and you be surprise.

Remember you can put a Ad in hte newpaper, Yahoo, Google, etc. that cost you a lot I had try all those even in newspaper, last week I spended $500.00 on newspaper Ad, no return on investment at all. With that kind of money I could have made 166 walking Ad T-Shirts. Remember the best Ad you can have is a walking Ad, on a T-Shirt remember people love freebies especially T's. Just put your URL (www.yourdomain.com) that it.

So go head and make 2 dozen T's and give them away and sales will be great.

So go head and make 2 dozen T's and give them away and sales will be great.

So what's your opinion about the guy who rented space on his forehead for about 37K?

Seriously, about your site. I visited your homepage (not the catalog).

It's not intuitive to me that I had to click the door on your splash screen to enter your site.

Then after I clicked it, I received security alerts as I entered your site.

As someone mentioned, you need to change all of the Spanish from your English pages. Your site is a bit loud, but it's a party store so I guess it's ok.

Good luck,

Robert

So what's your opinion about the guy who rented space on his forehead for about 37K?

Seriously, about your site. I visited your homepage (not the catalog).

It's not intuitive to me that I had to click the door on your splash screen to enter your site.

Then after I clicked it, I received security alerts as I entered your site.

As someone mentioned, you need to change all of the Spanish from your English pages. Your site is a bit loud, but it's a party store so I guess it's ok.

Good luck,

Robert

First my opinion on the FOREHEAD AD, great Idea he better get a return of investment of about $370,000.00 if not he is out. Remember if you put www.yourdomain.com in back of Tito Trinidad on a boxing macth 30 million people will see it and surprise you get the $ale$. It a matter of where you put your www. Ok check this out print some labels on your computer just plain B&W label with your www.yourdomain.com. and go to every public restroom and put it in the door where people sit down and s.... put som ein frontt of the mens urine area have a female to do the same on a lady bathroom you be surprise to see what will happen. Trust Me Trust Me your message will go thru.

I suppose it depends on what your target market is, but I suspect that many businesses would choose not to advertise by putting stickers above toilets and urinals. I know that I'd prefer to use a restroom that is NOT littered by unsolicited stickers and advertisements.

Good idea with the T-Shirts, though.

-jared

I know that I'd prefer to use a restroom that is NOT littered by unsolicited stickers and advertisements.

When you got to go, you may not have a choice :)

Someone in my neighborhood has his web address on his rear window of his car. I visited his site, browsed a bit and left. I assume he's doing ok since he recently added it to his wife's car too. I guess the theory is publicity helps, but I think your site would need to be targeted to the mass market and not a niche.

Somebody walking through a business district holding a sign for a suit shop would do better than the guy holding a sign for craft supplies.

Robert

I suppose it depends on what your target market is, but I suspect that many businesses would choose not to advertise by putting stickers above toilets and urinals.  I know that I'd prefer to use a restroom that is NOT littered by unsolicited stickers and advertisements.

Good idea with the T-Shirts, though.

-jared

Remember you have to make a house name of your site. In Puerto Rico there is a business that he put advertise for customer in restroom, elevator, gasoline pump hose, you name it. Remember to reach out you got to bell out, and Ad where you can. The only think you would not Ad in a restroom is food but what the matter the not against the Ad Law.

Remember Advertising is the meaning of reaching everybody everywhere.

Let put it like this: ONE MAN ONE AD.

I'm in the Ad business since 1992 Trust Me Trust Me it work every where. Donot be afraid to Ad in a wild place.

When you got to go, you may not have a choice :)

Someone in my neighborhood has his web address on his rear window of his car.  I visited his site, browsed a bit and left.  I assume he's doing ok since he recently added it to his wife's car too.  I guess the theory is publicity helps, but I think your site would need to be targeted to the mass market and not a niche.

Somebody walking through a business district holding a sign for a suit shop would do better than the guy holding a sign for craft supplies.

Robert

Hi I'm a New Yorker my self I was rise in downtown Brooklyn, Bushwich section.

How the weather up there, I will be in the City in May hope everything is OK.

PS Yankee fan for life.

Looks good,

I would make your logo at the top a little smaller (height-wise I mean) I am viewing at a screen res. of 1024x768 and over a thrird of my screen is taken up by your logo.

Just a thought, good luck with it.

Archived