• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to connect to database server?

mcilpuf

Could someone please tell me what I've done wrong? I was all up and running and working fine and was ready to go live. Then I remembered I had forgotten to change the SSL information and went to do so in the configure.php (which is where I thought it was supposed to go) and all of a sudden I get an "unable to connect to database server" message. I then changed everything back and relaoded configure.php and it still doesn't work. Ugh. I do not want to delete and start all over again. :blink: Please Help :o

Thank you in advance,

Michelle

SSL and the connection to the database are two different things, although both have entries in your configure.php files.

Check the entries for database/user/password at the bottom of your catalog/includes/configure.php file. Also check that database server is set to localhost.

If all looks ok, post it here with the user/password stuff commented out and someone will help out.

HTH

Tom

Check the entries for database/user/password at the bottom of your catalog/includes/configure.php file. Also check that database server is set to localhost.

If all looks ok, post it here with the user/password stuff commented out and someone will help out.

Hi Tom,

Thanks - I did check the password but it's a bunch of #'s I don't know. Should it be set to my ftp password? I didn't even know I had a password for the database. I will have to check my cpanel and see if I can change it.

EDITED - I was able to change it in the cpanel and can now connect although my stylesheet isn't showing up but I can fix that.

Thanks! :-)

Thanks again,

Michelle

It might be the same as your ftp user name and password. It definitely needs to be setup in both catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.

Check with your host provider and worst case he will reset it for you.

HTH

Tom

oops looks like you are good to go........

Archived