• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Googlebot troubles

Panic36

Isn't that a good thing? Google has been eating up bandwidth for weeks now and it is apparently doing something big.

As a base of reference, one of my sites has about 22,000 pages indexed and the Big G spiders ate up almost 52 Gb of bandwidth last month.

Don't worry...after it is done indexing it'll go away.

Bobby

So Googlebot will keep going from page to page, but not show any listenings? I mean.. They keep hitting me every 2 minutes, with a different page, but they don't show anything on search engines... Altavista, yahoo, and others all show me listed, but google, doesn't even show one page in search results... What is the point of them hitting me, over and over, if it isnt for them to display results?

Google will display results, but it takes time. The update for most sites only happens once a month. Your site should start showing in the results after the next monthly update. You just need to be patient.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you kymation... I heard it was instantly after crawled, it just took a month for them to actually crawl the site... But I think you're right... Thanks for your help, and thanks for that contrib Bobby

-Robert

Archived