It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 3 weeks later...

"as we are adding thousands of new and fabulous products to the store daily."

Since Sept you have 194 products in the store

Affiliate tells me it is drop shipped

Sponsers are annoying

Looks good!

I dont like the theme. I dont like that you show that you have limited products via product counts in categories box.

I dont think you have done anything to get people there either by your comment - "new store no customers". That requires work - more than just installing the shop and tweaking it a little. Make an effort to advertise your site. If after a year you are making the same comment, well....

Quite plain and simple looking. Not a bad thing though.

Slow to load, get rid of the product count next to your categories this slows the site down aswell as showing you don't have much in. Let the customer click to see what you've got.

I didn't get your homepage! on how to access your shop, i had to look around and eventually found it was the "Trading Post" link. If i had to look and I know the site structure of OsCom, then i don't know how others will go on. I would change this to site shop or something. Trading post means nothing to me.

On your home page you have "We are current having a huge sale", i think this should be currently.

Don't like the stock, flat blue buttons on the product pages, they don't fit with your site. Try the blue pill buttons in the contributions, they are the same colour as your box headings.

Not bad, but then again, not too sure if i like it.

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Your account creation/sign-in page is dreadful - I assume this was a contribution, as I've seen a few other sites using it. It's rubbish IMO.

For a start, there is only one button called "sign-in" - this doesn't make sense if I want to create an account. Also, it is forcing me to read everything and try to figure out what I am doing. The stock login / create account screen is better.

Can I purchase without an account?

What payment types do you accept?

stock buttons need updating

Your advanced search pop up help doesn't work.

You are clearly a dop-shipper, and for me, your site just doesn't work - you are not focussing on anything and will have a hard time marketing and driving people to your store.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone...

I have taken a lot of advice from you guys and beginning to update my site as suggested.

1) Theme - The site looks plain because I want to finish installing all the modifications 1st. Then I will desighn a site-wide template to use throughout my site, not just in the store.

2) Loading slow - Caused by the Catelog DHTML menus I had installed. I have since removed them and installed a new, stock looking Catelog DHTML menu. Now it should load much faster.

3) Drop shipping - So what, most every store out there does this and customers know this for the most part. It should make no difference if a store drop ships or not as long as the store backs the products sold and it gets delivered to the customer on time.

4) Sponsers are annoying - Yes, they can be sometimes, but every successful website has them. I will be transforming my Sponsers box on the right side of the screen into a banner ad at the top.

5) Product counts - Some like them, others do not. I for one like them because it saves me time from browsing online stores that have empty categories. I was actually using them for my own purposes and have since removed them.

6) Trading Post - I have since changed that to state "Shopping".

7) Spelling of currently is now spelled corectly.

8) Account creation/sign-in page is dreadful - Really? I have had nothing but praise about it. Why do you not like it?

9) Can I purchase without an account? - No and I will not allow that either. But I am going to change the account creation to look more like billing info instead.

10) What payment types do you accept? - Customers will see that during checkout. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Checks, Money Orders, eChecks, iKobo and PayPal.

11) Stock buttons need updating - Will do this when I create my new template.

12) Advanced search pop up help doesn't work - Fixed now, thank you!

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand