• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

bank transfer module

gert cuykens

Does oscommerce have a bank transfer module ? Something that emails all bank information to the customer when customar buy's something ?

PS any body know the cheapest way to do a banktransfer from EUROPE to US i always let my bank do it and boy do they charge alot... between 20 and 30 euro's for 1 transfer WTF :angry:

Edited by gert cuykens

Does oscommerce have a bank transfer module ? Something that emails all bank information to the customer when customar buy's something ?

PS any body know the cheapest way to do a banktransfer from EUROPE to US i always let my bank do it and boy do they charge alot... between 20 and 30 euro's for 1 transfer WTF  :angry:

Banks are a rip off!

May be you should use paypal as a transpher option as they only charge a small fee not like the banks.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Banks are a rip off!

May be you should use paypal as a transpher option as they only charge a small fee not like the banks.

I do not think we should start a discussion on that but the price of the transfer has to do with the fact of correspondent banks. Every bank has a partner they trade with in another country. If the bank you need to pay to is a different bank, the costs are higher.

Paypal on the other hand is not a bank and they are not open as to who has an account. Our account has been blocked by them but they still continue to spam us to make it active while we can't actually complain by this treatment of paypal.

Real banks are better, you have a person you can talk and meet instead of just using an email.

Regards

Richard

A Dutch guy in Denmark B)

A bit of info regarding Banks here in Australia

To make a international bank transfer here from Austaralia.

One of the 3 mayor banks here charge a $29.00 AU minimum. So unless you have an item to send that has a high profit margin

Its hardly worth using them

That my opinion anyway. B)

More for them and less for you :devil:

I do not think we should start a discussion on that but the price of the transfer has to do with the fact of correspondent banks. Every bank has a partner they trade with in another country. If the bank you need to pay to is a different bank, the costs are higher.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Coming from a B2B business background, we were used to having our customers make bank transfers. We installed an osCommerce bank transfer module and of course we'd prefer that people use it (no chargebacks!). Unfortunately we find that few do...they place an order and then never complete the payment. For us the lesson is that bank transfers don't work well for B2C business.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

ok what is a chargeback :blush:

how much does it cost to transfer money from my bank to my paypall account and how do you do that ? Does my paypall have a local bank account number ?

What about fee's putting from my paypall to my bankaccount ?

What about paypall to paypall ?

Edited by gert cuykens

ok what is a chargeback  :blush:

how much does it cost to transfer money from my bank to my paypall account and how do you do that ? Does my paypall have a local bank account number ?

What about fee's putting from my paypall to my bankaccount ?

What about paypall to paypall ?

a chargeback is when the buyer advises theur CC provider that the transaction may have been fraudulent and asks for their money back, the provider will generally allows go with their customer, you need to have good records to contest it.

also try

www.paypal.com

and

www.yourbank.com

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia

how about the answer to the original posted question? :D

It was answered :-)

An additional question was asked about charges, this is best ascertained by looking at the appropriate site, in this case paypal and / or the question askers bank ?

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia