• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

PopTheTop

If anyone gets this working with STS make sure you post the changes.

It works fine when STS is turned off.

1. When STS is on you don't get anything in the content area of the confirmation email.

2. Viewing an order works fine.

3. When you try to print the order from the customer account it doesn't show anything in the content area.

I'm going to try and get this working myself but I'm not holding my breath!

Dave.

Hello,

I havent installed 5.3 yet and disabled the mail sending so far (because of the cart problem. will test the fix later)

Not a critic, but it might be an idea to include the upgrade path and exact changes made between versions. I know that using file comparing tools does the trick but hey ;)

The other thing missing from this contribution might be to have an easy way to add the extra comments sent to the normal email depending on the payment method used (ie, cheque include some information, bank transfer some others ..etc..)

I suppose that this could simple me added to the template, but I am not too sure (havent looked yet).

It might be an idea to simply create a tep_add_comment function which is called when the order is processed, before the email is sent, which add a comment to the order with that info ?

There seem to be indeed a compatibility issue with this contribution and the Paypal IPN by devosc when it comes to the HTML Invoice sending.

The Paypal IPN is using a different files than the catalog/checkout_process.php so the email sent to the customers who purchase via Paypal is the standard one instead of the HTML Invoice one. Could you please show how to edit the IPN files in order for it to send the HTML Invoice also on order completion?

I have only theese modules under my Configuration - email options:

E-Mail Options

Tiel V?rde ?tg?rd

E-Mail Transport Method sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds LF Info

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails true Info

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false Info

Send E-Mails true Info

What is wrong here, I'm a newbie to oscommerce and still learning a lot every day, but this is something I dont understand.

// Storeman:-

E-Mail Options

Tiel                                                            V?rde  ?tg?rd

E-Mail Transport Method                          sendmail 

E-Mail Linefeeds                                      LF      Info

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails        true        Info

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS          false          Info

Send E-Mails                                              true      Info

What is wrong here, I'm a newbie to oscommerce and still learning a lot every day, but this is something I dont understand.

Solved this little issue by my self. What I needed was just a little selfpity and some puking on my ego and tell the world about it....... ar ar ar....

B)

There seem to be indeed a compatibility issue with this contribution and the Paypal IPN by devosc when it comes to the HTML Invoice sending.

The Paypal IPN is using a different files than the catalog/checkout_process.php so the email sent to the customers who purchase via Paypal is the standard one instead of the HTML Invoice one. Could you please show how to edit the IPN files in order for it to send the HTML Invoice also on order completion?

ah, someone else with that problem, thought it might be me.

Anyone using authorize.net 1.7b ? With this contribs html emails enabled, customers paying by credit card get a white screen when the program attempts to load checkout_success.php and also the cart is not reset.

If anyone gets this working with STS make sure you post the changes.

It works fine when STS is turned off.

1. When STS is on you don't get anything in the content area of the confirmation email.

2. Viewing an order works fine.

3. When you try to print the order from the customer account it doesn't show anything in the content area.

I'm going to try and get this working myself but I'm not holding my breath!

Dave.

Dave: Just to share your frustration... my shop is behaving 1:1 similar manner with STS enabled.

PopTheTop: Keep on good work! Your efforts are highly appreciated!

Marko

--

Live long and prosper! :)

Contributions:

Full Finnish language pack

Just a note on the Install.html...In step 2, you are telling us to search "around Line 81" <Huh?> and then you are telling us to paste the code _below_ into the query box. We got it figured out, but this is very confusing for new users.

Has STORE_OWNER_EMAILS_FROM been defined yet?

For those of us who installed the May 7 version, what do we have to change to get to May 9 version???

Hello again !!!

I admire everyone's effort in helping each other here. The contrib is excellent, admire your patience with everyone here.

I have a problem, when I choose packing slip button in an order I get a new window with the packing slip but there is a problem or two here.

In the window title it says "shop name project - 05-6" This is ok exept for the project which should say Packsedel.

I also get this projet where I would like it to print Packsedel in the beginning information after my company info...... does anyone understand this....

I've checked the packingslip.php in my language and I give TITLE the value Packsedel so it should be printed......

Help !!! blink.gif

Greetings forum and big thanks to the authors for a smashing contrib! :thumbsup:

Just a quickie i hope someone may have already mastered.

I seem to have the html sending side of things all figured and appears to work ok.

One thing i would like to be able to do when the html invoice is automatically sent off after an order, is to have it include my company bank account details in the comments field. In the standard oscommerce text email it is sent as part of the email confirmation.

I am using the Ausbank direct transfer mod for this particular function, all very simple. But a php pleb like me isnt sure where to stick the code for the html invoice to call the details to stick them in the comment box when a direct transfer payment is being made.

I dont want it added if they pay by other means, just for direct transfers.

Any info as always, greatly appreciated! :D

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

Thanx Scooter and i look forward to the email portion being finished. This contrib will then truly be one of the best.

Dave.

The e-mail portion should be fixed and complete now.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

It is still not deleting the contents after check out.  I believe YOUR shop is not working correctly.  That must be it.

Seriously ... I'll reinstall it again tomorrow.

No, my shop should be working just fine. You can go to my site and submit a few test orders with some of my TEST ITEMS from http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=130

Acct e-mail: [email protected]

Password: 1234

Order with AND without comments and you will see that the cart resets at checkout when it gets to the checkout_success.php screen.

That was updated in the latest release.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hello,

I havent installed 5.3 yet and disabled the mail sending so far (because of the cart problem. will test the fix later)

Not a critic, but it might be an idea to include the upgrade path and exact changes made between versions. I know that using file comparing tools does the trick but hey ;)

The other thing missing from this contribution might be to have an easy way to add the extra comments sent to the normal email depending on the payment method used (ie, cheque include some information, bank transfer some others ..etc..)

I suppose that this could simple me added to the template, but I am not too sure (havent looked yet).

It might be an idea to simply create a tep_add_comment function which is called when the order is processed, before the email is sent, which add a comment to the order with that info ?

I never thought about that, you are correct. Like the instructions for sending payment when payment is COD or Money Order. You could also add an IF statement so that

IF (payment option == 111) {

echo THIS

} elseif (payment option == 222) {

echo THIS

} elseif (payment option == 333) {

echo THIS

}

But I am not that good at programming and I am tired of working on this thing right now.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

No, sorry...

I know nothing about that MOD and will not use it either, both Paypal IPN MODs have too many compatability issues all over the place and due to that, I will not install it.

I have PayPal setup with "Auto Return for Website Payments" turned on so that the customer automaticlly gets forwarded back to https://www.popthetop.com/catalog/checkout_success.php when payment has been completed.

I have never had any problems with anyone not returning because of this so the Paypal IPN MODs are no longer needed.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

E-Mail Options

Tiel                                                            V?rde  ?tg?rd

E-Mail Transport Method                          sendmail 

E-Mail Linefeeds                                      LF      Info

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails        true        Info

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS          false          Info

Send E-Mails                                              true      Info

By looking at that, you did not install the SQL instruction. If you did, then you will have 2 new options to turn on the HTML invoices and the HTML invoice template file to use.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

ah, someone else with that problem, thought it might be me.

Anyone using authorize.net 1.7b ?  With this contribs html emails enabled, customers paying by credit card get a white screen when the program attempts to load checkout_success.php and also the cart is not reset.

Did you install the latest version of v5.3?

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

No, my shop should be working just fine. You can go to my site and submit a few test orders with some of my TEST ITEMS from http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=130

Acct e-mail: [email protected]

Password: 1234

Order with AND without comments and you will see that the cart resets at checkout when it gets to the checkout_success.php screen.

That was updated in the latest release.

what payment modules are you using for your site?

I use paypal 1.1 by osc staff member ponce de leon. With this, emails are always text irreguardless.

Also, I use authorize.net 1.7b for mc/visa. HTML emails work, except the very bottom "order comments" is missing the graphics. Also, after I click submit, checkout_success.php is a blank page and the cart does not get emptied. The order does go through though.

Is that manual fix to empty the cart an official part of the contrib or is that a temporary workaround?

Just a note on the Install.html...In step 2, you are telling us to search "around Line 81" <Huh?> and then you are telling us to paste the code _below_ into the query box.  We got it figured out, but this is very confusing for new users.

For those of us who installed the May 7 version, what do we have to change to get to May 9 version???

LOL, thanks. I have updated it and will be posted in v5.4 today.

My store name is too long for the e-mail programs so I added "STORE_OWNER_EMAILS_FROM" into my language file defines. The latest version has that removed and replaced with "STORE_NAME".

That's what is shown to the customers where the e-mail is from. I had it set as PopTheTop.com on my site.

Upgrading this MOD is pretty simple, just replace your current files with the included and edit the language files to match your settings.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

In the window title it says "shop name project - 05-6" This is ok exept for the project which should say Packsedel.

You need to edit your language file. Look for the following defines in packingslip.php and change it to what you want to show:

STORE_NAME
TITLE
INVOICE_TEXT_CURRENT_YEAR

I also get this projet where I would like it to print Packsedel in the beginning information after my company info...... does anyone understand this....

I've checked the packingslip.php in my language and I give TITLE the value Packsedel so it should be printed......

Edit your store name and address settings in Admin / Configuration / My Store --> Store Address and Phone

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Greetings forum and big thanks to the authors for a smashing contrib!  :thumbsup:

Just a quickie i hope someone may have already mastered.

I seem to have the html sending side of things all figured and appears to work ok.

One thing i would like to be able to do when the html invoice is automatically sent off after an order, is to have it include my company bank account details in the comments field. In the standard oscommerce text email it is sent as part of the email confirmation.

I am using the Ausbank direct transfer mod for this particular function, all very simple. But a php pleb like me isnt sure where to stick the code for the html invoice to call the details to stick them in the comment box when a direct transfer payment is being made.

I dont want it added if they pay by other means, just for direct transfers.

Any info as always, greatly appreciated!  :D

Yes, good point. Go to http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=609762 to see my reply on this from an earlier post.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

what payment modules are you using for your site?

I use paypal 1.1 by osc staff member ponce de leon.  With this, emails are always text irreguardless.

Also, I use authorize.net 1.7b for mc/visa.  HTML emails work, except the very bottom "order comments" is missing the graphics.  Also, after I click submit, checkout_success.php is a blank page and the cart does not get emptied.  The order does go through though.

Is that manual fix to empty the cart an official part of the contrib or is that a temporary workaround?

I use the included PayPal, Money Order, Credit Card and my eCheck MOD. I have no problems.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Update...

Remove

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

from the bottom of ALL temlate files.

This will fix most problems you guys are having.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Just a note on the Install.html...In step 2, you are telling us to search "around Line 81" <Huh?> and then you are telling us to paste the code _below_ into the query box.  We got it figured out, but this is very confusing for new users.

Change STORE_OWNER_EMAILS_FROM to STORE_OWNER in two places in the same file. Just do a search of that phrase in this forum and you will find it.

Dave.

I submitted a new update with BIG fixes...

VERSION 5.4

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...