• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

PopTheTop

• 2 weeks later...

Great contribution it looks great, just one problem, I am a UK shop so use the ? sign. This doesn't come up in the email invoice there is a ? where all the ? signs should be. It is fine on the invoice and packing slip. I am absolutely stumped as to how to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Leona

in this code:

<?php// echo INVOICE_TEXT_NUMBER_SIGN; ?> <?php// echo date("y"); ?><?php// echo INVOICE_TEXT_DASH; ?> <?php echo $oID; ?>

Why the // after <?php ?? I'm no expert on php but that doesn't look right to me. // is generally used to comment out any remaining code on the line. Try changing to:

<?php echo INVOICE_TEXT_NUMBER_SIGN; ?> <?php echo date("y"); ?><?php echo INVOICE_TEXT_DASH; ?> <?php echo $oID; ?>

Ron

because that's what is in the file supplied , there's a lot of errors in this mod

Hi all,

I installed this contrib ages ago, but have only just got my first order so have only come to use it properly now.

Should their be a print invoice/packing slip button it admin? I haven't got one if there is, what have i missed.

If there isn't one, how do i print out the invoice/packing slip as when i print it via explorer/firefox it looks like this.

invoicebo0.th.jpg

Basically all the borders are screwed, looks fine when you view it normally in IE/firefox though

Any ideas?

Thanks

Daz

Daz nice to see another local guy. Ok I know what your problem is. within firefox make sure when you do print that you have the tick box enabled to allow page set to print background (colours & images) this can be found in the page setup menu on the file menu. I assume it would be a similar issue within internet explorer.

All the best

Dave

Beautiful contribution which, like others here, I use in conjunction with Order Editor. A suggestion or issue that comes up with that also great contribution, and that no one seems to have addressed explicitly, is the question of sending out a duplicate or edited invoice via Admin.

At present the only way I've found to do this is to use the SEND PAGE function on Internet Explorer, which opens up an e-mail via Outlook. E-mail addresses then have to be added manually. Firefox doesn't have a way to do this, and, anyway, it's rather cumbersome.

I've looked at some other contributions and at the PHP code, and I think I see a way to go about adding this function, but, given my limited skills, I tend to think that any solution I come up with will be pure hackery.

I wonder if someone has already implemented a solution for this problem which, as a seller, I know comes up frequently - either as a result of customer requests, negotiated changes in order details (discounts, shipping changes, package deals, and so on), or the need to remind tardy payers. Right now, an edited invoice has that "all dressed up, no place to go" appearance, even though, as I stated, there are some relatively cumbersome workarounds.

Any code snippets or suggestions would be greatly appreciated before I set about re-inventing this little wheel.

The other change I hope to implement soon is simple addition of a Paypal payment button - NOT using the Paypal IPN, but rather a piece of the Outlook wizard. Just need to get order details into the proper slots. Again, this is something I already do manually from time to time. A solution may end up involving a VBA macro rather than an addition via PHP to osCommerce, though if the time investment is too great, I may just stick to typing in or cutting and pasting manually.

Again, thanks for the great contribution. With just a little bit of customization, it does indeed make for great, professional quality invoicing and packing slippery.

I'm trying to use Fancier Invoice after trying Professional Invoice.

Everything seems to be working more or less as I'd like it, but for one problem: the Invoice number is not showing on the printable invoice, even though it is in the html_invoice that it emailed out, and it is in the Invoice you can see in the Admin section.

The printable invoice at catalog/print_my_invoice.php has something like:

Invoice No:

Invoice Date: 20/10/2006

even though in /catalog/admin/invoice.php it says

Invoice No: 1812

Invoice Date: 20/10/2006

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hi,

To add to this fantastic contribution,

Is there a way to add Order Number & Customer name to the store owners email copy of the order?

Appreciate any help!

I have tried the contribution "Order number in email subject" but this does not seem to work with this contribution.

Thanks in advance!

Kunal

Hi All!

I want to change one thing in the billing and shipping address formats.

(on the fancier invoice as well as the fancier packingslip)

Now it's:

City, Postcode

[new line]

State, Country

I want:

Poscode, City

[new line]

Country

How do I fix this?

//Micke

Can anyone help me work this one out?

I have fancy invoices installed and everything seems to work fine except it doesn`t send an invoice out when a order as been created by the customer and when I change the status in the invoice it emails the customer but in plain txt (the URL is clickable due to adding Email HTML Order Link contrib) the customer invoice print feature works ... any ideas I,ve checked rechecked all the settings and paths tried sphere/xxxx/home/domain/www/admin/ & /home/domain/www/admin/

I'm running out of hair to pull out Help please!!!! :)

Hi there,

Everything looks fine but when my customers want to buy something they get the error:

Warning: main(): Unable to access /home/www.scottish-kilt.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php in /home/scottis/public_html/store/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Warning: main(/home/www.scottish-kilt.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/scottis/public_html/store/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Unable to access /home/www.scottish-kilt.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php in /home/scottis/public_html/store/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Warning: main(/home/www.scottish-kilt.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/scottis/public_html/store/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/www.scottish-kilt.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/scottis/public_html/store/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

I have checked the files and can't see if anything is missing.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, something ain´t working and i don´t know what it is...

maybee somebody have the same problem.

some parts of the boxes are dissapearing, and the background is yellow and is header black, everything is white...

error.gif

for the Nav bar error that I see on the picture -- lpulll up that templae page and make sure you add lauguage entery for that code.. also look at the code for the incvoice number and see if any other chars there if so remove .. then try to review that invoice see if that cleans up for you ...

over all i would make sure that for your lunguage the files are inplace and re check any edits for ie example

$invNumber = "Invoice Number:"; are done or in file accessable to your luaguage .. try site in nglish see if it works may help with some clues..

Jonathon

Invoice

Hmmm.. the latest install package ain´t complete, i think there´s missing some scripting

catalog\includes\languages\english\account_history_info.php

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_4', 'Invoice');

So the navbar problem is solved..

I also removed the #%s from

define('HEADING_ORDER_NUMBER', 'Order Nr. ');

so it looks a bit cleaner

There where a lot off define's missing in the laungage files.

Almost everything works O.K. now, except for a few things..

the file: catalog/includes/languages/english/print_my_invoice.php

define('INVOICE_TEXT_INVOICE_NR', 'Invoice Nr.');

Ain't showing the number of the invoice, only the text: Invoice nr.

All the invoice numbers from this contri are working except that one?

And i saw another thing in \catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\email_invoice.php (template: box_invoice.php)

the lines:

define('INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU', 'Thank you for shopping at');

And the text

Invoice

And the text:

Thank you for purchasing from

And the text:

Please print this invoice for your records

arn't multi langauge, you can only change it in:

catalog\includes\modules\email_invoice\templates\email_invoice.php

So if a customer receives a confirmation order email he will see 2 languages

Is there a way to solve this?

I'am not such a php hero

Ow, and i see another error... i think it is...

When look at the shipping & the billing adres, only the first letter of the country is displayed?

Thnxz in advance

I have the same problem and don't think anyone as yet has given an answer for this problem .. any feedback would be much appreciated.

What should be the absolute dir?

Hi there,

Everything looks fine but when my customers want to buy something they get the error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/www.scottish-kilt.com/public_html/store/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/scottis/public_html/store/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

I have checked the files and can't see if anything is missing.

I have the same problem and don't think anyone as yet has given an answer for this problem .. any feedback would be much appreciated.

What should be the absolute dir?

my path turned out to be /home/scottis/public_html/ etc etc etc

I checked with my host and they gave me the absolute path and it worked perfectly from then on. There are many variations of what it could be so I would check with them.

Hi, I have installed this cont (am new to all this) and I love it!

However, I think I am being REALLY THICK!

Obviously there is some code I need to change to customise it to my store (name, URL, adding my logo etc) - but which files do I change the code in?

Screen shots are below:

invoiceshot.jpg

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Hi, I have installed this cont (am new to all this) and I love it!

However, I think I am being REALLY THICK!

Obviously there is some code I need to change to customise it to my store (name, URL, adding my logo etc) - but which files do I change the code in?

Screen shots are below:

If you see a text like: INVOICE_TEXT_INVOICE, it means that there are missing some define's in the langauge file's:

so place this in your Print_my_invoice.php:

define('INVOICE_TEXT_INVOICE', 'Invoice');

Do this with all missing define's

Cheers...

If you see a text like: INVOICE_TEXT_INVOICE, it means that there are missing some define's in the langauge file's:

Cheers...

Hi, I have done it and its not working.

err! Help!

When I installed it I followed all steps apart from keeping the credit card numbers one (that was optional). What have I done wrong for it to have gone wrong like this?

Hi, I have done it and its not working.

err! Help!

When I installed it I followed all steps apart from keeping the credit card numbers one (that was optional). What have I done wrong for it to have gone wrong like this?

Tell a lie - I did it in the wrong file. Have gone to print_my_invoice and went to add your code in, only to find that it is already in there. This is what I have in file at mo:

<?php

/*

$Id: print_my_invoice.php,v 6.1 2005/06/05 18:17:59 PopTheTop Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

//// START Edit the following defines to your liking ////

// Footing

define('INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU', 'Thank you for shopping at Equine Internet Supplies'); // Printed at the bottom of your invoices

define('STORE_URL_ADDRESS', 'http://www.equineinternetsupplies.co.uk'); // Your web address Printed at the bottom of your invoices

// Image Info

define('INVOICE_IMAGE', 'images/EIScircularsmall.jpg'); //Change this to match your logo image and foler it is in

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_WIDTH', '238'); // Change this to your logo's width

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '54'); // Change this to your logo's height

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT', Equine Internet Supplies); // Change this to your logo's ALT text or leave blank

// Product Table Info Headings

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_MODEL', 'SKU #'); // Change this to "Model #" or leave it as "SKU #"

//// END Editing the above defines to your liking ////

// Misc Invoice Info

define('INVOICE_TEXT_NUMBER_SIGN', '#');

define('INVOICE_TEXT_DASH', '-');

define('INVOICE_TEXT_COLON', ':');

define('INVOICE_TEXT_ORDER', 'Order');

define('INVOICE_TEXT_DATE_OF_ORDER', 'Date of Order');

define('ENTRY_PAYMENT_CC_NUMBER', 'Credit Card:');

// Customer Info

define('ENTRY_SOLD_TO', 'SOLD TO:');

define('ENTRY_SHIP_TO', 'SHIP TO:');

define('ENTRY_PAYMENT_METHOD', 'Payment:');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX', 'Price (ex)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Price (inc)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (ex)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (inc)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TAX', 'Tax');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UNIT_PRICE', 'Unit Price');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL', 'Total');

// Order Total Details Info

define('ENTRY_SUB_TOTAL', 'Sub-Total:');

define('ENTRY_SHIPPING', 'Shipping:');

define('ENTRY_TAX', 'Tax:');

define('ENTRY_TOTAL', 'Total:');

//Order Comments

define('TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS', 'ORDER COMMENTS:');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_ADDED', 'Date Added');

define('TABLE_HEADING_COMMENT_LEFT', 'Comment Left');

define('INVOICE_TEXT_NO_COMMENT', 'No comments have been left for this order');

?>

HOWEVER - it is still not working and I don't know how to sort it out :(

I have tried ammending some things like logo and stuff and nothing is appearing on invoice any diff from screenshot above).

Please help

This is my invoice: catalog\includes\languages\english\print_my_invoice.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: print_my_invoice.php,v 6.1 2005/06/05 18:17:59 PopTheTop Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

//// START Edit the following defines to your liking ////

// Footing
define('INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU', 'Thank you for shopping at:'); // Printed at the bottom of your invoices
define('STORE_URL_ADDRESS', 'http://www.watnoumusic.nl'); // Your web address Printed at the bottom of your invoices

// Image Info
define('INVOICE_IMAGE', 'images/watnou.gif'); //Change this to match your logo image and foler it is in
define('INVOICE_IMAGE_WIDTH', '238'); // Change this to your logo's width
define('INVOICE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '54'); // Change this to your logo's height
define('INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT', STORE_NAME); // Change this to your logo's ALT text or leave blank

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_MODEL', 'Cat. nr.'); // Change this to "Model #" or leave it as "SKU #"

//// END Editing the above defines to your liking ////

// Misc Invoice Info
define('INVOICE_TEXT_NUMBER_SIGN', 'Nr.');
define('INVOICE_TEXT_INVOICE_NR', 'Invoice Nr.');
define('HEADING_ORDER_NUMBER', 'Order nr. ');
define('INVOICE_TEXT_INVOICE_DATE', 'Invoice Date ');

define('TEXT_INFO_ORDERS_STATUS_NAME', 'Info Order Status');

// Customer Info

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Products');
define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX', 'Price (ex)');
define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Price (inc)');
define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (ex)');
define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX', 'Total (inc)');
define('TABLE_HEADING_TAX', 'Tax');
define('TABLE_HEADING_UNIT_PRICE', 'Unit Price');
define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL', 'Total');

// Order Total Details Info
define('ENTRY_SUB_TOTAL', 'Sub-Total:');
define('ENTRY_SHIPPING', 'Shipping:');
define('ENTRY_TAX', 'Tax:');
define('ENTRY_TOTAL', 'Total:');

//Order Comments
define('TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS', 'ORDER COMMENTS:');
define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_ADDED', 'Date Added');
define('TABLE_HEADING_COMMENT_LEFT', 'Comment Left');
define('INVOICE_TEXT_NO_COMMENT', 'No comments have been left for this order');
?>

I still have a problem with the invoice on the customers side

In the invoice details for the customers only the first letter of the county is shown like this:

Pete Blabla
street 1
UnkownCity, 5000 AA
B

0031-22222444
[email protected]

The invoice on the admin side displays the county correct:

Pete Blabla
street 1
UnkownCity, 5000 AA
Belgium

0031-22222444
[email protected]

Somebody knows why? or had the same problem?

Cheers...

I have the same problem as the earlier poster.

samplebadinvoice.jpg

I have edited the

includes/languages/english/print_my_invoice.php file

but my invoice is missing these defines when I view it. What am I doing wrong?

Plus I am missing all the other defines even though they are in print_my_invoice.php file. (see below)

ALSO, as a customer, when I go to click on the IMAGE_BUTTON_PRINT_ORDER (which is also not defined), I get 'page not found error'. The link is:

<a href="java script:popupPrintReceipt('https://www.aplaceofhopestore.com/FILENAME_PRINT_MY_INVOICE?order_id=1

I see nothing in the install where I am to define this URL. Where do I do this?

define('INVOICE_TEXT_THANK_YOU', 'Thank you for shopping at A Place of Hope Store'); // Printed at the bottom of your invoices

define('STORE_URL_ADDRESS', 'http://www.aplaceofhopestore.com'); // Your web address Printed at the bottom of your invoices

// Image Info

define('INVOICE_IMAGE', 'images/aplaceofhopestore.jpg'); //Change this to match your logo image and foler it is in

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_WIDTH', '241'); // Change this to your logo's width

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '28'); // Change this to your logo's height

define('INVOICE_IMAGE_ALT_TEXT', A Place of Hope Store); // Change this to your logo's ALT text or leave blank

// Misc Invoice Info

define('INVOICE_TEXT_NUMBER_SIGN', '#');

// Customer Info