• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

PopTheTop

New version 5.0 just uploaded...

This will replace your current boring invoice and packing slip with a much nicer, cleaner and fancier invoice and packing slip. I added a box around certain sections with a drop shadow. Also, I added a few other goodies as well as the order number to both.

On the catalog side, when a customer visits "My Account", then clicks to view an order in their order history, they will now see a much nice layout of the order details along with the order status history at the bottom AND have the option to print an invoice for that order. When they click on the Print Invoice button, it will send the invoice directly to their default printer automatically. This new invoice and order details page has the same nice layout as the invoices have on the Admin side.

Admin has the option to show or hide the order comments when printing the order invoices. Just click on the store's logo to show or hide the order comments on demand.

A new facier invoice is e-mailed to both the Admin and the customer in a real nice HTML format (you must have Send MIME HTML E-mails enabled). Admin can turn this on or off through Admin / Configuration / E-mail Options. You may have multiple e-mail HTML invoice templates. Just save your template file in the templates folder and choose which template you want to use through Admin / Configuration / E-mail Options. Included are 2 invoice templates, the osC stock look and our fancier HTML invoice, much like the new Admin invoices.

What's New:

- Added a new facier HTML invoice that is e-mailed to both the Admin and the customer - Thanks to Federico R. (saborchulo)

History:

May 04, 2005 - v5.0 by PopTheTop

- Added a new facier HTML invoice that is e-mailed to both the Admin and the customer - Thanks to Federico R. (saborchulo)

April 29, 2005 - v4.0 by PopTheTop

- Added credit card # to the printable Admin Invoices as 1234xxxxxxxx1234

- Added credit card # to the printable Customer Invoices as 1234xxxxxxxx1234

- Added credit card # to the customer Order Details as 1234xxxxxxxx1234

- Added FULL credit card # to Admin Order Details as 1234123412341234 [optional]

- Added FULL credit card # to the Admin Extra Order Info e-mail as 1234123412341234 [optional]

- Added the ability to show/hide order comments in Admin Invoice for printing

April 28, 2005 - v3.3 by PopTheTop

- Added code to catalog/stylesheet.css for a nicer look

April 27, 2005 - v3.2 by PopTheTop

- Added catalog/includes/print_my_invoice_header.php

- Added catalog/includes/print_my_invoice_footer.php

April 26, 2005 - v3.1 by PopTheTop

- invoice.php - Thank you for shopping text is hardcoded and not using the language variable - fixed

- packing_slip.php - SKU # text is hardcoded and not using the language variable - fixed

April 25, 2005 - v3.0 by PopTheTop

- Fixed a small bug in the install file

- Fixed a small bug in the order totals display

- Updated the install file to a much nicer HTML format

- Replaced the stock, boring Order Details page in customer's My Account

- Added a new Print Invoice option to the customer's Order Details page

- Moved all the packing slip text into its own language file

- Language files have been updated

- The only modifications you should have to do is found in the 2 language files

March 12, 2005 - v2.0 by PopTheTop

- Added code so that if there are no comments, it will state so

- Moved all the invoice text into its own language file

- Fixed a small bug for displaying the order comments in the invoices

March 1, 2005 v1.2 by PopTheTop

- Updated the invoice to include the order comments and entry date

January 25, 2005 - v1.1 by PopTheTop

- Updated the HTML tables to show stock product price info, including tax

January 25, 2005 - v1.0 by PopTheTop

- Original contribution release

Download from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2861

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

New version 5.0 just uploaded...

This will replace your current boring invoice and packing slip with a much nicer, cleaner and fancier invoice and packing slip. I added a box around certain sections with a drop shadow. Also, I added a few other goodies as well as the order number to both.

On the catalog side, when a customer visits "My Account", then clicks to view an order in their order history, they will now see a much nice layout of the order details along with the order status history at the bottom AND have the option to print an invoice for that order. When they click on the Print Invoice button, it will send the invoice directly to their default printer automatically. This new invoice and order details page has the same nice layout as the invoices have on the Admin side.

Admin has the option to show or hide the order comments when printing the order invoices. Just click on the store's logo to show or hide the order comments on demand.

A new facier invoice is e-mailed to both the Admin and the customer in a real nice HTML format (you must have Send MIME HTML E-mails enabled). Admin can turn this on or off through Admin / Configuration / E-mail Options. You may have multiple e-mail HTML invoice templates. Just save your template file in the templates folder and choose which template you want to use through Admin / Configuration / E-mail Options. Included are 2 invoice templates, the osC stock look and our fancier HTML invoice, much like the new Admin invoices.

What's New:

History:

May 04, 2005 - v5.0 by PopTheTop

April 29, 2005 - v4.0 by PopTheTop

- Added credit card # to the printable Admin Invoices as 1234xxxxxxxx1234

- Added credit card # to the printable Customer Invoices as 1234xxxxxxxx1234

- Added credit card # to the customer Order Details as 1234xxxxxxxx1234

- Added FULL credit card # to Admin Order Details as 1234123412341234 [optional]

- Added FULL credit card # to the Admin Extra Order Info e-mail as 1234123412341234 [optional]

- Added the ability to show/hide order comments in Admin Invoice for printing

April 28, 2005 - v3.3 by PopTheTop

- Added code to catalog/stylesheet.css for a nicer look

April 27, 2005 - v3.2 by PopTheTop

- Added catalog/includes/print_my_invoice_header.php

- Added catalog/includes/print_my_invoice_footer.php

April 26, 2005 - v3.1 by PopTheTop

- invoice.php - Thank you for shopping  text is hardcoded and not using the language variable - fixed

- packing_slip.php - SKU #  text is hardcoded and not using the language variable - fixed

April 25, 2005 - v3.0 by PopTheTop

- Fixed a small bug in the install file

- Fixed a small bug in the order totals display

- Updated the install file to a much nicer HTML format

- Replaced the stock, boring Order Details page in customer's My Account

- Added a new Print Invoice option to the customer's Order Details page

- Moved all the packing slip text into its own language file

- Language files have been updated

- The only modifications you should have to do is found in the 2 language files

March 12, 2005 - v2.0 by PopTheTop

- Added code so that if there are no comments, it will state so

- Moved all the invoice text into its own language file

- Fixed a small bug for displaying the order comments in the invoices

March 1, 2005 v1.2 by PopTheTop

- Updated the invoice to include the order comments and entry date

January 25, 2005 - v1.1 by PopTheTop

- Updated the HTML tables to show stock product price info, including tax

January 25, 2005 - v1.0 by PopTheTop

- Original contribution release

Download from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2861

Just downloaded and attempted to install your 5.0 and I get this error when attempting to load the SQL database changes:

Error:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configurati

If you are using phpmyadmin try copying and pasting the queries into the Run Sql Queries window.

A couple of people have had to do that, it may work for you.

Edited by saborchulo

Just downloaded and attempted to install your 5.0 and I get this error when attempting to load the SQL database changes:

Error:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configurati

Here you go, try this...

You must remove the 2 if they were saved into your database FIRST!

Then import the following...

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (1184, 'Send HTML or Text Invoices to Customers', 'EMAIL_INVOICE', 'true', 'If this is enabled, order invoices will be sent to the customer in HTML format.<br><br>Enabled = true<br>Disabled = false<br><br>To use this, you must have <i>HTML E-mails</i> enabled.<br><br>', 12, 4, '2005-05-03 02:23:33', '2005-05-02 07:32:40', '', ''),
(1185, 'Default E-Mailed HTML Invoice Template', 'EMAIL_TEMPLATE_FILE', 'html_invoice.php', 'File name of the template file you will be using when the store e-mails HTML invoices to your customers<BR><BR>"<i>invoice.php</i>" for the stock osC look<BR><BR>"<i>html_invoice.php</i>" for the HTML version<BR><BR>', 12, 5, '2005-05-03 20:15:08', '2005-05-03 19:41:37', '', '');

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Here you go, try this...

You must remove the 2 if they were saved into your database FIRST!

Then import the following...

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES (1184, 'Send HTML or Text Invoices to Customers', 'EMAIL_INVOICE', 'true', 'If this is enabled, order invoices will be sent to the customer in HTML format.<br><br>Enabled = true<br>Disabled = false<br><br>To use this, you must have <i>HTML E-mails</i> enabled.<br><br>', 12, 4, '2005-05-03 02:23:33', '2005-05-02 07:32:40', '', ''),
(1185, 'Default E-Mailed HTML Invoice Template', 'EMAIL_TEMPLATE_FILE', 'html_invoice.php', 'File name of the template file you will be using when the store e-mails HTML invoices to your customers<BR><BR>"<i>invoice.php</i>" for the stock osC look<BR><BR>"<i>html_invoice.php</i>" for the HTML version<BR><BR>', 12, 5, '2005-05-03 20:15:08', '2005-05-03 19:41:37', '', '');

I actually ended up trying to insert one line at a time and it worked fine.

Everything works to the point where I click "confirm order" at checkout and I get the following.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vpperfor/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php:73) in /home/vpperfor/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Thanks a lot by the way, this is a great contrib and I appreciate the support!

Popthetop had this issue on the other thread I believe he said

What it was is that I had an extra space after the last ?> so I just deleted that and all is well.

I guess open up the /home/vpperfor/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php

file and at the very bottom of the file look for the closing ?> tag and make sure there is not an extra space after it. It worked for him so it may work for you also.

Everything works to the point where I click "confirm order" at checkout and I get the following.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vpperfor/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php:73) in /home/vpperfor/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

It seems that when I disable "Send HTML or Text Invoices to Customers" in the E-mail options under the admin section, it works fine without an issue, so I'm assuming it's not the way I inserted the data into the database but what do I know.

Any ideas?

Popthetop had this issue on the other thread I believe he said

I guess open up the /home/vpperfor/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php

file and at the very bottom of the file look for the closing ?> tag and make sure there is not an extra space after it.  It worked for him so it may work for you also.

Just when I thought I was done reading the whole thread 5 consecutive times, you prove that I can't read!

That actually worked, and those 2 spaces made me feel pretty stupid.

Thanks for the help guys.

Well, I realize it's a bit late but could I suggest renaming the configuration values? Seems like they could conflict w/general use ones (plus more specifically named ones are easier to find in phpMyAdmin) :)

EMAIL_TEMPLATE_FILE -> EMAIL_INVOICE_HTML_TEMPLATE

EMAIL_INVOICE -> EMAIL_INVOICE_SEND_HTML

yea, yea... picky picky, esp. for someone who has outstanding mods of his own to complete :)

PS: by the way, I just noticed a problem in the 5.0 instructions which I believe caused the problem with the SQL people experienced. Very simple, the first line is missing an ending semicolon.

Edited by lane

Step 11: [OPTIONAL]

If you want the FULL credit card number to be displayed in the Admin Order Details as 1234123412341234 AND you want this sent to you by e-mail as the extra order e-mail, do the following:

Please Note:

You must be on a secure server and you must check with your credit card processing bank to be certain you are able to do this before making the following changes. Some credit card processing banks do not allow their merchants to save customer credit card information on server based databases. But in all reality... In the 11 years I've been selling online, I've never had a problem nor have I ever heard of any by doing this.

Please have a reason for doing this, don't do it "just because". If you are running a Windows server I highly discourage doing this. Keep in mind that if this data is stolen by someone breaking into your server there is a possibility you could be held liable.

(I've personally had my credit card information stolen when hackers broke into a small store's server and took all their information from their database.)

And, in most cases, your processing company keeps the credit card #s on file for your review as required; why not let them take on the responsibility for keeping that sensitive information secure?

(Not saying this is not a good feature, just suggesting giving some thought to the reasons for using this feature before doing so) :)

Thanks again Scooter for the great contribution!

OK, one last thing for tonight :)

In the true/false configuration option you can set a function to use the true/false radio buttons (instead of the text field where any value can be entered).

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES ('', 'Send HTML or Text Invoices to Customers', 'EMAIL_INVOICE', 'true', 'If this is enabled, order invoices will be sent to the customer in HTML format.<br><br>Enabled = true<br>Disabled = false<br><br>To use this, you must have HTML E-mails enabled.<br><br>', '12', '0', NULL , NOW( ) , '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),")

Night!

Hi....

I just read all the posts but I didn't find a solution to my problem.

After I made the changes in checkout_process.php, my shopping cart doesn't reset anymore.

I mean, I buy a product and after finishing the order the product still remains in my shopping cart.....

Everything else is working great....

My site is: www.rpgz.com.br/shop/

Thanks.

--

PC

PC

Check all your php files, encluding the language files. You will get that error if you have any spaces after the final ?> at the bottom of the files. Just move your cursor next to it like this... ?>_ and keep hitting DELETE until all spaces and lines below are removed and try it again.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

It seems that when I disable "Send HTML or Text Invoices to Customers" in the E-mail options under the admin section, it works fine without an issue, so I'm assuming it's not the way I inserted the data into the database but what do I know.

Any ideas?

Read the above posts about the additional spaces. Most likely, I may have added an extra space to one of the contribution's files when I updated them last.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Well, I realize it's a bit late but could I suggest renaming the configuration values? Seems like they could conflict w/general use ones (plus more specifically named ones are easier to find in phpMyAdmin) :)

EMAIL_TEMPLATE_FILE -> EMAIL_INVOICE_HTML_TEMPLATE

EMAIL_INVOICE -> EMAIL_INVOICE_SEND_HTML

yea, yea... picky picky, esp. for someone who has outstanding mods of his own to complete :)

PS: by the way, I just noticed a problem in the 5.0 instructions which I believe caused the problem with the SQL people experienced. Very simple, the first line is missing an ending semicolon.

Thanks...

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hi....

After I made the changes in checkout_process.php, my shopping cart doesn't reset anymore.

I mean, I buy a product and after finishing the order the product still remains in my shopping cart.....

Thanks.

--

PC

Not sure how to help you on this as it should not have any bearing on that at all. Do you have a modified checkou_process.php file or running STS or some other template MOD? If so, double check the compatibility.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

OK, one last thing for tonight :)

In the true/false configuration option you can set a function to use the true/false radio buttons (instead of the text field where any value can be entered).

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES ('', 'Send HTML or Text Invoices to Customers', 'EMAIL_INVOICE', 'true', 'If this is enabled, order invoices will be sent to the customer in HTML format.<br><br>Enabled = true<br>Disabled = false<br><br>To use this, you must have HTML E-mails enabled.<br><br>', '12', '0', NULL , NOW( ) , '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),")

Night!

Thanks, I did not know how to do that and now it has been updated for the next release...

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hi....

Thanks.

--

PC

You should also open your configure.php file in both includes/ and includes/local/ and make sure the paths are correct

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . EMAIL_INVOICE_DIR . FILENAME_EMAIL_INVOICE);

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hi....

Thanks.

--

PC

My appologies...

I have fixed the problem of the shopping cart not resetting after the email is sent and will upload the new update tonight (v5.1)

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v5.1

May 07, 2005

v5.1 by PopTheTop

Updated:

- Updated various installation steps to be more clear to others

- Fixed a small error in the SQL instructions, there was a missing semi-colon - Thanks to Lane Roathe (Lane)!

- Fixed shopping cart not resetting after the email is sent - Thanks to Federico R. (saborchulo)!

- HTML invoices sent by e-mail are now a multi-part e-mail in both stock osC plain text and HTML, just in case the customer doesn't support HTML e-mails. If the customer doesn't support HTML e-mails, the stock osC invoice will show. If the customer does support HTML e-mails, the new HTML invoice will show. - Thanks to Federico R. (saborchulo)!

Download from: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2861

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I have just incorporated this contribution into my site today, initially V5.0 and now updated to V5.1

I have however struck a problem and would appreciate any assistance with it. The problem occurs when I try to type information in the Customer Comments section on checkout.

If there are no comments I receive the invoice ok with the normal 'No comments have been left for this order' tag. However when I add comments I receive this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: objectinfo in /home/signed/public_html/includes/modules/email_invoice/templates/fancy.php on line 289

BTW I was receiving this error earlier when I first loaded V5.0 but thought it might have fixed itself when I went through the installation of V5.1 again, but obviously not.

Any ideas please?

I'm having some problems as well, although the majority is working.

1) When I change the status on an order, it emails the customer. However, unlike when they first did their checkout, the link to their invoice in that email is incomplete. Instead of DOMAIN/catalog/orderblbablabla it only gives /catalog/orderblbablabla.

Been looking for awhile but can't find where to edit this so it will display the full url.

2) I realize you mentioned that you havent completed the 'Print Invoice' yet, but when I click the button it opens and empty popup (not even doing the stock osC printout.

Thanks,

northtrk

well it all looks nice untill you goto print invoice from

order history info and you get this

print.GIF

i know i have to change logo

or have i missed something

regards Andy

Edited by andyucs

I am using Fancier Invoice 5.1 and was wondering if I can ge the software to display a new database category products_sku in the emailed invoiced as the SKU number stored. Any ideas?