• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

PopTheTop

It could also be your payment processing module is not registering the sale in the db.

Paypal in knwn for this and paypal ipn contribution seems to resolve it.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi,

Help! I have just got my first order but can't see what they want to buy as the invoicing, packing slip and edit orders section admin do not show any products!!

All of the invoices either emailed to customer, printed off or looked at in admin it shows everything except for the products. Shows the total and the header line but no product descriptions

Can you help me please, I am stumped?

In admin\orders.php I have the following in the area I think is relevant....

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" colspan="2"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TAX; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {

echo ' <tr class="dataTableRow">' . "\n" .

' <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="right">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes']) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0)) {

for ($j = 0, $k = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j < $k; $j++) {

echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';

echo '</i></small></nobr>';

}

}

That is standard code. Is the payment by paypal as geoffreywalton asked?

OK,

I have checked and the problem of not showing the products occurs in any payment type including

'bank transfer'

'post a check or money order'

'will phone with credit card'

So regardless of how the customer pays the items bought are not showing on the packing slip, invoice, etc. Everything else on the invoice looks fine and looks great.

Also importantly, the dummy orders I made prior to installing this addon did show the items in the non html, very basic invoices and emails....?

So the only thing I can deduct from this is the addon is not collecting the information from the database. I have not modified the database other than installing scripts for various mods.

Help!!

Hi does anyone have an idea where I should look if the invoices and packing slips are not showing the products name and model#. It is not 'grabbing' them from the database?

But it still 'grabs' everything else including the customers name and address, invoice number, invoice total,shipping etc

I am at a loss and I have just received my second sale on this live site! Had it all working fine before? :(

Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance!

Hi does anyone have an idea where I should look if the invoices and packing slips are not showing the products name and model#. It is not 'grabbing' them from the database?

But it still 'grabs' everything else including the customers name and address, invoice number, invoice total,shipping etc

I am at a loss and I have just received my second sale on this live site! Had it all working fine before? :(

Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance!

You could start by checking the edits in checkout process.

Leslie,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I found with your help! It was in 'checkout process.php'

If you want, pm me and I'll send you a gift for your assistance :)

Much appreciated

Glad you found. Thanks for the offer, but it is not warranted. You did find it yourself, and the forums are for free advice, let's keep them that way.

• 4 weeks later...
OR you could have said in less characters

change $this-> to $ in admin/invoice.php

I thought you meant the other problems.

Edited by Coopco

Hi,

Installed contribution...everything looks great ... invoice and packaging slip both look fine ... we goto print the invoice and check the preview ... below is how the preview comes out ... I have tried the following solution: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1178686 by increasing width and height of the images to 100% but as you can see below it still isnt coming out right ... on our browser it looks fine...its just the print preview (as you can also see the text where the customer details are is on a white background when it should be on a grey background) .... anyone ran into this problem??

2ivfc43.jpg

Cheers

Hi

I have the same problem as sLaV and would really like to find a fix.

Thanks,

Ben

Surely we're not the only two having this problem ..... i am using the latest version of this contribution ... what version is everybody else using if theres is working fine ???

Cheers

Fancier invoice and packing slip seems to be working ok. Am trying to make one change with print invoice. Browser is set to print background and images. Background has a dark image background. So by printing out the invoice, it prints the dark background. This in turn, uses a lot of ink. Did insert code in the styleheet in the invoice part for the styleheet. Nothing happen. Even tried working with print_my_invoice.php, still no luck.

Does anyone have a answer?

Thanks in advance.

blr044

Hi,

Installed contribution...everything looks great ... invoice and packaging slip both look fine ... we goto print the invoice and check the preview ... below is how the preview comes out ... I have tried the following solution: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1178686 by increasing width and height of the images to 100% but as you can see below it still isnt coming out right ... on our browser it looks fine...its just the print preview (as you can also see the text where the customer details are is on a white background when it should be on a grey background) .... anyone ran into this problem??

2ivfc43.jpg

Cheers

You will need to go into tools of your broweser. Look for the printer settings and check the box to images and background.

blr044

I now have another issue along with the color backgound of print invoice.

It deals with step 7. Doing as intructed, I get the following error when I confirm order:

Warning: require(/XXXX/XXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX/includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/(/XXXX/XXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX/admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXincludes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 30

When I leave that section, when confirming order, it takes to checkout success page.

The FAQ section of instructions refers to this error.

This is what in my admin -> cinfig -> email options:

Send HTML or Text Invoices to Customers true

Default E-Mailed HTML Invoice Template XXXXXXXX/includes/modules/email_invoice/templates/html_invoice.php

Really could use some help on this. Thanks.

blr044

• 3 weeks later...

Can it work with Phpmailer with new email class? I don't use classes/email.php and mime.php.

Got error on checkout_process

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: email in /includes/modules/email_invoice/email_invoice.php on line 95

Any advice?

Hi All,

I am at my Wit's end with this. I finally got this contribution installed (had the entire blank_pages error etc.), now I can (as a customer) send e-mails and get invoices etc. Problem is they are all Plain Text, even though the templates that came with the contribution have been selected. I don't know how to fix this. I scoured this thread as much as I can, hopefully there is a simple answer to this. Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi All,

I am at my Wit's end with this. I finally got this contribution installed (had the entire blank_pages error etc.), now I can (as a customer) send e-mails and get invoices etc. Problem is they are all Plain Text, even though the templates that came with the contribution have been selected. I don't know how to fix this. I scoured this thread as much as I can, hopefully there is a simple answer to this. Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers,

Richard

Did you select html emails in admin?

Hi There,

Yes I have set HTML on,

Default E-Mailed HTML Invoice Template html_invoice.php

E-Mail Transport Method sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails true

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

Thats how my admin panel is currently set.

Hi There,

Yes I have set HTML on,

Default E-Mailed HTML Invoice Template html_invoice.php

E-Mail Transport Method sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails true

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

Thats how my admin panel is currently set.

Does your email client read html emails?

Yes I use Thunderbird, and most e-mails I receive from shops etc. are sent in HTML. I also tried to send one to my yahoo account same story here as well. I did previously install the e-mail invoice contribution but now decided to go with this one, could they be interacting?

Yes I use Thunderbird, and most e-mails I receive from shops etc. are sent in HTML. I also tried to send one to my yahoo account same story here as well. I did previously install the e-mail invoice contribution but now decided to go with this one, could they be interacting?

Could be, did the other one work?