• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Portugal/Europe Payment Modules

Does anyone know which payment processor would be best to support Portugal. I am based in Portugal but sell mainly to the UK so would like to fully suppert UK credit cards. I currently use Paypal but as they dont support Portugal, I have to use my UK account which is causing problems. I have spoke to Worldpay but they can not help me as they can not give me a merchant account and the only other they will deal with is a UK one so back to square 1. Unless i find an alternative, the only other thing i can think of doing is moving my business to Spain which might be difficult, but supported by Paypal i think. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Mike

As you are looking for a company with a wide coverage then you can check 2checkout, ikobo and moneybookers, as for me they all look good. I guess ikobo has a larger coverage (from what I read the company covers 170 countries).

But generally speaking they all have their cons and pros, so you need specify what features you are looking for.

Hi thanks for the reply. I will have a look at your suggestions.

What i need mainly is:

1) Accept payments in Pounds ? and Euros

2) Accept most UK credit cards inc possibly switch visa

3) Withdraw money from Portuguese Bank in Euros

The Portuguese Bank is the bit i am having trouble with. And i dont speak Portuguese.

Personally I am interested in the wide coverage, that?s why I know about the above companies. But if I find other payment processors that suit your needs, I will post here ;)

And as to the mentioned companies, as far as I know 2checkout and moneybookers allow you to accept payments in Euros and Pounds. And you will be able to withdraw money from your bank.

Ikobo doesn?t allow you to transfer money to the bank account (this feature is available only if you?re in the USA). They send the customer Visa debit card and you will be able to use it to withdraw money from any ATM. All the transactions are processed and held in USD. But you can withdraw money in your local currency, as Visa will exchange the money withdrawn from US dollars to the currency dispensed by ATM.