• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integration with vBulletin Forums

PartyMania

Hi, I've searched and stumbled across quite a few posts, but it seems no one's come up with a solution for this. I saw in the contribution section that one was made for phpbb, but not yet for vbulletin. I have an esistant vbulletin forum running, and want to stay with them instead of going to phpbb.

OSCommerce is the best e-commerce solution. vBulletin is the best web forums available (a shame it's not free). So how come someone hasn't integrated them?

I'm fairly new to PHP and SQL, so most of the coding is probably over my head, but the concept seems simple, no?

Main modifications:

-Add a username field into oscommerce. The customer could login via typing their username OR email address.

-Modify the OSCommerce password hash routine. And copy password to VB DB when account is created/modified.

- Will have to find a solution for when a user resets their password.

Customer Routine

1- When the customer goes to create an account from the forum side, he/she is redirected to the OSC create account.

2- Account is created and the username and password fields are copied to the VB database. These are the only two fields you need.

3- Customer would then be able to login from either side and stay logged in while visiting the forums or shop through the same session.

That's all I could think of at the moment, am I missing anything? So would anyone else be interested in something like this, or am I wasting my time here?

To the guys like Chemo :P , how hard would a contribution like this be?

Edited by PartyMania

• 4 months later...

This is quite an old thread - but still I think it is really relevent. As vBulletin is one of the top 2 systems (not going to argue who is actually better), it would be extremely valuable if the osC could act as a slave to vBulletin.

Most of us have established communities (using Bulletin boards) and one way to try and create revenue is by using a store (osC). In my mind it doesn't work the other way ie store then board.

Anyway - just my 2 cents worth.

So - any of osC guru's up for the challenge? :-"

• 3 years later...
This is quite an old thread - but still I think it is really relevent. As vBulletin is one of the top 2 systems (not going to argue who is actually better), it would be extremely valuable if the osC could act as a slave to vBulletin.

Most of us have established communities (using Bulletin boards) and one way to try and create revenue is by using a store (osC). In my mind it doesn't work the other way ie store then board.

Anyway - just my 2 cents worth.

So - any of osC guru's up for the challenge? :-"

So... 3 years later... anyone ever come up with integration??? :blush: