• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A few probably simple questions

garysumpter

Hi all,

Can any of you help out? I have the follwing questions regarding - www.magicwholesale.co.uk

I have installed a B2B contribution as we needed wholesale functionality.

But, can any of you answer the following?

How can I remove the 'new customer registrations'? We want to manually sign up customers that we have invited to join.

How can I remove the date of birth requirement on the signup page?

Finally, it is possible to place an order without first logging in. Is there a way to make sure orders cant be placed without first logging in?

Many Thanks

Gary

How can I remove the date of birth requirement on the signup page?

You can turn this off in the admin section - go to Configuration / Customer Details and set Date of Birth to "false".

Finally, it is possible to place an order without first logging in. Is there a way to make sure orders cant be placed without first logging in?

The default store requires a login to be able to buy. There are contributions that handle guest purchases for people who don't want to create accounts or login, but unless you've specifically installed one of these everyone coming to your site will have to create an account and properly login before they can buy.

[Contrib] Customer Account + login + add new user via admi

Basically this moves oscommerce towards being a dealer only site. The site can only be access via logging in. Only the administrator can add new dealers. existing dealers can change details etc & change their password.

Looks like this might be what you need, maybe you can strip out the bits that apply to you.

Archived