• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What is the next step ?

TitanKing

Ok, all went well the installation etc... Im from South Africa, I need to be able to authorize Credit Card Payments, how will I go ahead in doing this ? Should I activate the Credit Card Module and process the Credit Card Numbers myself ? Or should I use AuthorizeNet to do this ? Can I use them if im in South Africa ? Will someone please give me some info ?

Ok, all went well the installation etc... Im from South Africa, I need to be able to authorize Credit Card Payments, how will I go ahead in doing this ? Should I activate the Credit Card Module and process the Credit Card Numbers myself ? Or should I use AuthorizeNet to do this ? Can I use them if im in South Africa ? Will someone please give me some info ?

2 ways :

1) You will need to select a payment gateway and obtain a merchant account - The former processes the payments on your site the latter does the backoffice work. - This is long term and perhaps when your volumes can sustain the charges. I do not know the SA system so you will have to explore which gateways and merchant accounts are available to you. Also once selected you may have to create a contribution in order to get osC to work with your chosen gateway and merchant account.

2) Get a 3rd party "all in one service" such as Paypal or 2checkout

Many of these will only process in USD - so depending on your target market and preferred currency of denomination - you may find that Rands are not going to work ! The discount these 3rd parties charge are higher, but you have the benefit that you only sign up to one service and get a fairly decent (if ocassionally slow) service for processing Credit and debit cards.

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

2 ways :

1) You will need to select a payment gateway and obtain a  merchant account - The former processes the payments on your site the latter does the backoffice work. - This is long term and perhaps when your volumes can sustain the charges. I do not know the SA system so you will have to explore which gateways and merchant accounts are available to you. Also once selected you may have to create a contribution in order to get osC to work with your chosen gateway and merchant account.

2) Get a 3rd party "all in one service" such as Paypal or 2checkout

Many of these will only process in USD - so depending on your target market and preferred currency of denomination - you may find that Rands are not going to work ! The discount these 3rd parties charge are higher, but you have the benefit that you only sign up to one service and get a fairly decent (if ocassionally slow) service for processing Credit and debit cards.

Charles

Thank you for your kind help.

Archived