• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Problems with Orders

goldberg

Hi all,

I've been using the OSCommerce shop front for about 2 years now and have had a persistant problem which is getting really bad now.

If an order is place through Paypal, we receive the money but the order does not get logged?

It is happening about 80% of the time now and looks really bad when we have to email customers for order details.

Sorry if this is a problem that has been answered before but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Goldberg

Hi all,

I've been using the OSCommerce shop front for about 2 years now and have had a persistant problem which is getting really bad now.

If an order is place through Paypal, we receive the money but the order does not get logged?

It is happening about 80% of the time now and looks really bad when we have to email customers for order details.

Sorry if this is a problem that has been answered before but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Goldberg

This is caused by the customer not clicking on the contiue button in paypal to bring them back to your site. If the customer does not come back to your site then the order is not recorded. Install the paypal ipn contribution and your orders will be recorded before the customer leaves for the paypal site.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

This is caused by the customer not clicking on the contiue button in paypal to bring them back to your site. If the customer does not come back to your site then the order is not recorded. Install the paypal ipn contribution and your orders will be recorded before the customer leaves for the paypal site.

I did install the IPN before but it gave me many problems?

Is the problem I am having??

Did you run the sql file or commands when you did the install?

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Did you run the sql file or commands when you did the install?

Quite possibly not. I will look into this. I have found a temporary fix on the forums for the time been which should help, along with a notice to customers to make sure they click 'Continue' when they complete the Paypal Transaction.

Archived