• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store Front

Hello All

Can anyone help me with another problem i seem to have, i keep trying to change www.mystore.co.uk/catalog to www.mystore.co.uk. Now i did read another post and someone said all you need to do is copy your catalog folder to the public_html folder and rename it public_html then rename public_html to public_html2 and then set the 2 config files to match. This seems fine until i try and do it i copy the folder over rename them but as soon as i try to open the new public_html file it comes up with an error? :huh:

Any help would be fantastic

PS any one have any ideas about my other post too?

Hello All

Can anyone help me with another problem i seem to have, i keep trying to change www.mystore.co.uk/catalog to www.mystore.co.uk. Now i did read another post and someone said all you need to do is copy your catalog folder to the public_html folder and rename it public_html then rename public_html to public_html2 and then set the 2 config files to match. This seems fine until i try and do it i copy the folder over rename them but as soon as i try to open the new  public_html file it comes up with an error? :huh:

Any help would be fantastic

PS any one have any ideas about my other post too?

??? I am not sure why you would try and rename your public_html folder.

Do not try and rename anything. All you do is copy all you files up one level to your root which would be your www or public_html folder and then go into your two configure.php files and remove /catalog from the path defines.

I say copy instead of move as that way you still have your store working in the /catalog until you have your store working in its new location.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

??? I am not sure why you would try and rename your public_html folder.

Do not try and rename anything. All you do is copy all you files up one level to your root which would be your www or public_html folder and then go into your two configure.php files and remove /catalog from the path defines.

I say copy instead of move as that way you still have your store working in the /catalog until you have your store working in its new location.

Thanks Richard for such a speedy response. i have now done that and now i get a 403 forbidden error, You don't have permission to access / on this server.???? now im lost

Thanks Richard for such a speedy response. i have now done that and now i get a  403 forbidden error, You don't have permission to access / on this server.???? now im lost

It may well have something to do with your trying to make changes to your public_html folder Check your permissions. Try taking a html file and name it index.html and see what happens when you type in your domain. If you can access it then you are probably ok and it is probably the way you have your osC files setup but if not you have a problem and may need to contact your hosting company.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

It may well have something to do with your trying to make changes to your public_html folder Check your permissions. Try taking a html file and name it index.html and see what happens when you type in your domain. If you can access it then you are probably ok and it is probably the way you have your osC files setup but if not you have a problem and may need to contact your hosting company.

i just created html file and placed it in my public_html folder and it worked now i am totally confused as to where i went wrong

When i say it worked i mean the temp index.html file worked as for the store front still no joy. tell me in the 2 configure files do i just remove the catalog from this line?

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/*******/public_html/catalog');

Archived