• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advice please on content and design

I agree the dark blue text at the bottom of the index page is difficult to read. Maybe a light grey would get the job done and not be intrusive to the rest of your shop.

You've done a lot of layout changing and such as well - I like seeing shops that aren't stock. I just wish I had the skills to do the same with my mom's store.

Something else to consider - the word 'cheap' implies a lesser quality or inferior product. Try using the word inexpensive or affordable instead.

Something else to consider - the word 'cheap' implies a lesser quality or inferior product. Try using the word inexpensive or affordable instead.

I agree with this. Affordable or inexpensive sounds much nicer ^_^

I also think that most of the text you have in the footer could be removed and put into an "About Us" or "Information" page, with maybe the first paragraph placed above the images to say what your site is about so people see it when they first arrive.

When using FireFox all that bottom text has a mouseover feature so it gets underlined like a link when you hover your mouse over it, but it does not link to anywhere.

Also the top "Log In" link appears as simple text in FireFox, while in IE it's a large image that says to "order today and claim your $10.00 discount"

I agree with this.  Affordable or inexpensive sounds much nicer ^_^

I also think that most of the text you have in the footer could be removed and put into an "About Us" or "Information" page, with maybe the first paragraph placed above the images to say what your site is about so people see it when they first arrive.

When using FireFox all that bottom text has a mouseover feature so it gets underlined like a link when you hover your mouse over it, but it does not link to anywhere.

Also the top "Log In" link appears as simple text in FireFox, while in IE it's a large image that says to "order today and claim your $10.00 discount"

Ref. the information at in the footer.

This information is not tech. part of the web site. where some people try to fool the bots by typing keywords that can result in suspension of listing I opted for a statement containing those keywords that I needed for the bots. Now this is also in addition to the meta tag, but listing to conventional wisdom you should have text on you page, This was the least intrusive way to do it that i could find.

The color issue seems to be 100% against... even my friends don't like it so it is gona be changed.

More comments are welcome... I appreceate the help.

Thanks Dave

Archived