• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How you can reset bestsellers ?

Digerdoo

You'd have to go into the DB and look for the column that holds the value for # of each product sold.  You'd have to reset every value in that column to 0.

edit- Don't repost. someone posted this link in your other thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128326&hl=

thanx it works.. :thumbsup:

You'd have to go into the DB and look for the column that holds the value for # of each product sold.  You'd have to reset every value in that column to 0.

edit- Don't repost. someone posted this link in your other thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128326&hl=

Can you please be more specific? I'd like to get rid of the first three in my bestseller list which were all test items, and have the box reflect REAL bestsellers now. Do I go into my Admin page? Is there a PHP file I need to change?

I don't know what you mean by 'go into the database'. Thanks.

Andrea

Can you please be more specific?  I'd like to get rid of the first three in my bestseller list which were all test items, and have the box reflect REAL bestsellers now.  Do I go into my Admin page?  Is there a PHP file I need to change? 

I don't know what you mean by 'go into the database'.  Thanks.

Andrea

Using phpmyadmin, browse the Products table and edit the value in the products_ordered field for every product that you want to reset.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Using phpmyadmin, browse the Products table and edit the value in the products_ordered field for every product that you want to reset.

Alright, I used phpmyadmin and changed all three of those items to ZERO sold. In the process, it seemingly wiped out my setting in the Admin page of 3 best sellers to be displayed. So, I went in to the Admin page and set it from 0 to 3 again. Then I reloaded my homepage.....and my Best Sellers box is GONE.

Now what?

Andrea

Alright, I used phpmyadmin and changed all three of those items to ZERO sold.  In the process, it seemingly wiped out my setting in the Admin page of 3 best sellers to be displayed.  So, I went in to the Admin page and set it from 0 to 3 again.  Then I reloaded my homepage.....and my Best Sellers box is GONE. 

Now what?

Andrea

Anyone out there? Why in the world would this stupid edit make my Best Sellers box up and disappear off the face of the earth?

All I did was change the quantity of the product ordered from 1 to zero. And saved. I go into my Admin page.....my minimum values for BS box is set to 4..the maximum set to 5. But, poof! Gone. No Best Sellers box anymore. And, yes, there are plenty of other products in the database that do have a quantity of one ordered. So...that's not it. This little 'edit' I was encouraged to do in my database via phpadmin has seemingly wiped out my Best Sellers box. How do I get it back?

Hi Andrea,

You know, I am new to all this stuff myself but it seems to me that all you need to do is replace that file or files with a new one(s) and that would take care of it. So if you can get someone here to tell you which one(s) you would need I would be glad to set it on my server and give you a download link to it or them. I haven't modified anything but the colors of my info boxes, so you would be pretty much be replacing those files with the ones you started with. Just a reminder - keep a copy of the originals.

Let me know if I can help, :D

Nachoman

Before you deleted the 3 items...how many showed up in the box? You have to remember that Best Sellers Box only pulls products in the current category and 1 level down sub-category. So if you are looking at the index and have no products WITH sales in any of the main categories then nothing will show up. And do these products add up to a minimum of 3 to event enable the box?

You may have lots of products with sales but maybe not that many on the first tier of categories.

I ♥ PHP/MYSQL/CSS

Archived