• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to charge different prices for a product?

justpete

I've got an idea regarding an issue in OSCommerce.

I want to charge less for those who buy a larger quanitity. For example, customers who have bought 1-25 units of a product, i will say charge ?1. However, those who have bought 25, then from their 26th purchase, i want to charge them less. Then, after they have bought 50 of that product, again, i want to charge a cheaper price. How can I implement this idea in OSCommerce. What options do I have.

Thanks in advance for your ideas. Moreover, please note that i'm not very advanced in PHP hence bear that in mind when you reply.

I've got an idea regarding an issue in OSCommerce.

I want to charge less for those who buy a larger quanitity. For example, customers who have bought 1-25 units of a product, i will say charge ?1. However, those who have bought 25, then from their 26th purchase, i want to charge them less. Then, after they have bought 50 of that product, again, i want to charge a cheaper price. How can I implement this idea in OSCommerce. What options do I have.

Thanks in advance for your ideas. Moreover, please note that i'm not very advanced in PHP hence bear that in mind when you reply.

I believe there are several quantity discount contributions, search that section for quantity and discount.

Treasurer MFC

I can't seem to find what i'm looking for...

What i specifically want is the following:

Customers don't have to buy the product in a large quantity all at once but can buy say 10 the first time and 15 the second time. The third time, when the total they have bought has reached 25, they get a discount for the next 25 they buy. Thus, the customers don't have to buy in bulk all at once but gradually. What are the options for doing this?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Archived