• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image Probs Need advice please

Sweet16s

Hi all Can anyone assist with this one please!

I would like to put this on my front page (please see example below)

and if you can see there is a number of boxes on the image which are links to different objects. with a click here button on them.

What I want to know is how do I create this image so all the boxes on the image link to that specific catagorie and are as it looks on the image below.

Any Help or ideas will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Claire and Clive

frontmainsweet16sjan05.gif

Hi all Can anyone assist with this one please!

I would like to put this on my front page (please see example below)

and if you can see there is a number of boxes on the image which are links to different objects. with a click here button on them.

What I want to know is how do I create this image so all the boxes on the image link to that specific catagorie and are as it looks on the image below.

Any Help or ideas will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Claire and Clive

frontmainsweet16sjan05.gif

any help would be nice ppllleeeeasssseeee

An image map is one option, but one that is more "usable" is to break the image into "slices" that are displayed in cells of a table. Then for the cells that show the clickable images, you can add a link to those images. This is the most popular method, but does take some work to break apart the image. Some image editing software helps you with this.

An image map is one option, but one that is more "usable" is to break the image into "slices" that are displayed in cells of a table.  Then for the cells that show the clickable images, you can add a link to those images.  This is the most popular method, but does take some work to break apart the image.  Some image editing software helps you with this.

hi steve,

Thanks for the advice can you recommend any image editor that will be able to perform this for me.

thanks

You can go to Coffeecup Software, they have good software for little money. They have have an image mapper fairly cheap. Then of course you could buy a $400.00 software like Macromedia Fireworks which you can use to slice your graphic. Really though, Coffeecup Software has a good Image mapper software for around $25.00.

Good luck :D

Nachoman

You can go to Coffeecup Software, they have good software for little money. They have have an image mapper fairly cheap.  Then of course you could buy a $400.00 software like Macromedia Fireworks which you can use to slice your graphic. Really though, Coffeecup Software has a good Image mapper software for around $25.00.

Good luck  :D

Nachoman

thanks to all who helped I have now completed this mission,

and its great

many thanks

• 5 years later...

Hello,

I also bought a simular image mapper software.

But now... I don't now how and where I have to place the code.

I have tried several thing, but al I get is a broken link image.

I would use the images on my homepage, products discription, extra info pages and so on.

Could anyone help me on my way?

Thank you

Lili

Archived