• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A functional wishlist

Hi everybody ! Not quite sure if i'm posting this in the right forum-section but here goes..

I'm in search for a Wishlist-module that makes customers able to make a wishlist, send it to friends etc (yes yes, these exist and work fine).

But i have yet to find some contrib/module that makes OTHER customers able to see those wishlists, and make them able to pay for items on other peoples wishlists. (not only recieve them by email and beeing able to buy those items for themselves.)

That, in my opinion is how a online wishlist should work (and i've seen tons of them on other non-oSC webshops).

So my question to you good people reading this is, does anybody know if this is possible, or already done?

best regards

- vebj?rn

OK I did something similiar with the wishlist 2.0. I created a wishlist file that can be shared publicly. You basically see the exact same wishlist as the customer has in there account. The can go through, check the boxes of the products you want to buy and purchase them. It does not however update the original wishlist by deleting the product because someone else bought it. I didn't allow for this function cuz anyone could go in and start deleting products out of other peoples wishlist, just to be a jerk. Hope this helps some.

-Dennis

OK I did something similiar with the wishlist 2.0.  I created a wishlist file that can be shared publicly.  You basically see the exact same wishlist as the customer has in there account.  The can go through, check the boxes of the products you want to buy and purchase them.  It does not however update the original wishlist by deleting the product because someone else bought it.  I didn't allow for this function cuz anyone could go in and start deleting products out of other peoples wishlist, just to be a jerk.  Hope this helps some.

-Dennis

Hmm well yeah it would be several steps in the right direction I'd guess. I'm a bit suprised there haven't been made any contribs on this yet, as I've seen dusins of webshops having those functions.

Did you make a contrib of what you made Dennis? Would be great to could have a lookie at it :D

cheers

- vebj?rn

Not sure if this helps but what about the gift registry contrib?

RW

I haven't used it, but have thought about it.

Hmm well yeah it would be several steps in the right direction I'd guess. I'm a bit suprised there haven't been made any contribs on this yet, as I've seen dusins of webshops having those functions.

Did you make a contrib of what you made Dennis? Would be great to could have a lookie at it  :D

cheers

- vebj?rn