• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to only complete order for countries in zones?

Hi

I have created some zones with countries that I trust and I'd like to ship to just these. But...if I make a dummy account from a country that's not trusted, it allows me to continue the checkout process and go through to payment.

I have the shipping modules set for the zones so at checkout_shipping there's no options for non-zones countries but I can still continue - I'd have thought that this was the best place to have a stop if it's a non-shipped to country.

Help! ;)

Sheepo

Hi

I have created some zones with countries that I trust and I'd like to ship to just these.  But...if I make a dummy account from a country that's not trusted, it allows me to continue the checkout process and go through to payment.

I have the shipping modules set for the zones so at checkout_shipping there's no options for non-zones countries but I can still continue - I'd have thought that this was the best place to have a stop if it's a non-shipped to country.

Help!  ;)

Sheepo

then block it at the front, extremely annoying to find out at the end.

Treasurer MFC

So you're saying to take out all the countries (except for the ones I want to work with) in the "Locations|Taxes/Countries" section?

M.

no, I am saying that you should remove those countries from the listbox that people get when they sign in. So that nobody from those countries can create an account and they know they do not have to bother to shop any further.

Treasurer MFC

no, I am saying that you should remove those countries from the listbox that people get when they sign in. So that nobody from those countries can create an account and they know they do not have to bother to shop any further.

Is that a mod that needs to be added or an integral part of osc cos I can't see how to un-display countries.

Thanks

M.

Is that a mod that needs to be added or an integral part of osc cos I can't see how to un-display countries.

Thanks

M.

there are 2 options :

1) delete them from the database if you are sure you will never use them

2) I believe this contribution does the disabling but leaves them in the database:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2839

Treasurer MFC

there are 2 options :

1) delete them from the database if you are sure you will never use them

2) I believe this contribution does the disabling but leaves them in the database:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2839

aah just checked, no that contribution does not.

ok, then what I did,

1) add a field to the countries table called status. tinyint(1) default = 1

2) change function tep_get_countries in general.php

add the where clause where status = 1

I then simply set that field to 0 when I do not want that country in the list. I do that directly in the database because I don't do this every week.

Treasurer MFC

Archived