• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emergency! Help please oh saged ones.

Sincraft

I went to move my store today to root but due to ISP problems, crashed during the process. A stupid move coupled with this has taken my store down and finally with my isp up and running I have reuploaded the files to the root of my store

I have changed the configure files from catalog/ to just / in the '' whereever I saw the word catalog...however now I am getting that message at the top you get before you set chmod on the two configure.php files to 777. I reset them to 777 and am still getting the message. I already have 3 customers online in just 15 minutes of putting the website up and am a little freaked out as they are seeing this message obviously and running to the hills. I just setup a redirect to a 'under construction' message...but really need to get this going..

THANKS!

S

Btw - Maybe I could just get a rundown of the settings and what the config files should look like?

I chmoded the files to 777 (configure in includes and admin/includes)...

Opened up the admin utility...with no problem...

Then went back and reset the attributes to 644

then set /images to 777 - admin/images/graphs to 777 - admin/backups to 777 - password protected admin directory.

HELP!

OK I figured it out. I'm using FileZilla and also use WSFTP at times. I remember there was a time that a cheap ftp program wasn't changing the permissions I wanted, so I double checked via my hosts CPANEL and found that I was still getting a warning message for a writable configuration file because even though I CHMODed the files/folders in question, it didn't 'take' for some reason. I had to do it though CPANEL (aka my host web inferface) to make it 'take'.

Just FYI, might want to add that to the knowledge base...

S

Archived