• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can a text link be Added to Product Descriptions

smart

Hi

Can a text link be Added to Product Descriptions - so when a user has a link to go to an information page.

How can this be done?

:'(

Yes you can put some thing like this

<a href= catalog/images/WeddingButterflys.html><B><u>Click here to view our samples</u></B></a>

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

When you use html style links in an oscommerce shop, you lose the session ID's causing your customer to have to sign back in again. Use the tep_href_link function instead.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When you use html style links in an oscommerce shop, you lose the session ID's causing your customer to have to sign back in again.

Yes

So How do I - Use the tep_href_link function instead.

So can this be added to the Added to Product Descriptions when adding content to stock?

Thanks

To use this function, do something like this:

<td align="center" class="main">
           <?php echo '<a title="Put text here" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . "Privacy Page" . '</a>'; ?>
         </td>

I don't understand your question about linking but, in general, you can link anything in an oscommerce shop that is a valid link. You may have to read from the database if your link requires that information.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I will try that

I don't understand your question about linking but, in general, you can link anything in an oscommerce shop that is a valid link.

I need to link to at product that may go with the product chosen - or to link to a tutorial page.

You may have to read from the database if your link requires that information. (so how is this done.

Thanks for your help - Jack

Im no programmer but I don't believe product descriptions will parse the tep_href_link code and turn it into full html with a session ID.

You have 2 courses of action, your first is to write specific code to make the product descriptions parse the php.

Your second course of action is to target:_blank the html and make it a popup with no navigation and NO oscommerce wrap, that way you can atleast post saying "To return to "shopname" close this window." AND your customers will not lose their cart contents because they wont actually be navigating at all without a session ID.

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

Hi

Can a text link be Added to Product Descriptions - so when a user has a link to go to an information page.

How can this be done?

:'(

every product already has an additional information link.

All you need is to add that link in the product page when you add/update your product in admin

Treasurer MFC

Im no programmer but I don't believe product descriptions will parse the tep_href_link code and turn it into full html with a session ID.

You have 2 courses of action, your first is to write specific code to make the product descriptions parse the php.

Your second course of action is to target:_blank the html and make it a popup with no navigation and NO oscommerce wrap, that way you can atleast post saying "To return to "shopname" close this window." AND your customers will not lose their cart contents because they wont actually be navigating at all without a session ID.

I frequently use the second method (target="_blank") to link to size charts, order forms, and the like.

Archived