• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Banner problems

oscarg

hi u all,

i?ve been seacrhing around the forums trying to find one that may help me out but i?ve been unsuccesful so far. SO, my problem is:

i am trying to display a flash banner on my site, based on some forums the easiest way to do it was to write the object sintax on the text banner field on banner_manager.php.

tried that, didnt work, so i went and modified the html_output.html to display images and swf files as well...

i uploaded a swf file as an image and it shows up perfectly, (hardware section, product=logo)

however when i uploaded an swf file to be used as a banner and it didnt show anything, so i started to think that the problem was my bannager manager. i have installed the os6tm_banner_manager contribution and nothing else related to banners. BTW im using STS.

i tried just writing text for the text banner and it didnt do anything either. didnt show up anything on the page. check the page source to see if there was anything where the banner is supposed to be and there was no code whatsoever there. the manager works for for gif and jpg files, but so far nothing related to the text field.

in case someone would like to take a look at it please check my webpage. any comments on the layout and/or the look of the page are welcome. some variable migth been undefined as the only language i?ll be using is spanish. so my appollogies.

i dont know if anyone has a clue of what i can start looking for or where the problem might be, any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

O.

thx for checking it out, i was going live in less than a week so i decided i would just re-mod everything and start from scratch as i had more than one problem. i rather wait a bit than go live with a deffective code.

cheers,

O.

Cheers,

O.

Archived