• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Modules

rgb523

Hello,

I was hoping someone could give me a little help in regards to the shipping modules, UPS in particular. I looked up in the archives, but didn't find this listed. I have found that the minimum amount UPS is charging for one small item is extremely high. I put in a test order to my neighbor across the street and it would cost $10.80 to send a bar of soap that weighs only 5oz. I thought this was a very high price! I looked in the module and there is no place that I could find to make an adjustment in the costs. I did not have any additional handling charges either. Is there a way to change this? Or has UPS just gone crazy with their shipping costs? I even called UPS and they said to make sure it was listed as ground shipping. I didn't see anything to indicate that in the module as well.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions. (Yes, I know.... use FedEx or the USPS service, right?) :)

I don't even see a module listed for FedEx. Is there one or is there a problem trying to use FedEx with the oscommerce shopping cart? I would hate to think that after setting this whole thing up that I might end up having to change shopping carts!! :'(

Thanks,

Robin

I found the right forum section and found the information. Thanks to everyone who shares all this information. Apparently, UPS is just.... well, expensive! Compared to many others. And apparently FedEx is not working with osCommerce at the moment. However, got the USPS module working also and that will give my customers choices in the expense of shipping. What more can you ask for! And........ they supply all the shipping boxes, etc. for free! Love it!. Good luck to all. I'm sure I'll be back asking more and I learn more about this!

Robin

:)

• 2 weeks later...
And apparently FedEx is not working with osCommerce at the moment. 

There are several contributions for fedex that work well. There is real-time quotes (Requires a fedex account) and FedEx Automated Labels which will allow you to print the fedex labels from the OSC admin area. There is also fedex zone one.

I'm in the process of setting up the fedex labels and it works great so far.

Archived