• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I setup paypal

bigdogt

When I click on the link to setup payment options it just shows me a install button. Can see the pages in the directory it is pointing to, but not sure how to set it up.

Thanks

Tim  :D

Click and install module select currency then enter email address of who you want to pay.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Thank you so much for the reply but it still does not appear to work. When I click on the install button it looks like it reloads the page but nothing happens. Just displays this the directory : /home/mywebsite/public_html/shoppingcartincludes/modules/payment/

Do not see any where to add an email address. Do I have to pay for this functionally? When I go into the file do not see the path that it is showing in the directory. Your shopping cart looks to be one of the best ones I have every looked at would really like to get this setup and working. Do have some programming experience my really job is a Sr Analyst at a help desk. So do have a pretty good understanding of how all of this works. What should I be looking for should a box show up that I can add my email address in or should it just look like the others where I can select from a list of things to add, edit or deleted?

Anyway if you can help that would be great!!

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
One more thing I see can see the first part of the path

/home/trafficy/public_html/shoppingcart but the modules/payment/ part is missing.

Sorry I can't help yet, however, I too am facing this same problem. Perhaps we can collaborate together? I've used OSC at another hosting company before (and had no problems then). Now, I'm installing it fresh with another host. Basic configuration is complete, the rest of the customer and admin areas work great, just missing this Payment Module options.

I have not removed my Install dir (yet) nor renamed the Admin dir. I did, however, run OSC as if I were a customer and tweaked with my directory permissions (to stop OSC errors/warnings) but I did that BEFORE setting up the Payment modules.

When I try to install a payment module I too just see a path and "install" button. The page generates no errors to indicate what I'm missing. Pressing the "install" button does nothing. I do see the module files via FTP. I am hoping this came up because I made folder permission changes before doing the "payment" changes. Unfortunately, I've neglected to document what I did with my last host that worked out so great.

When I get some more time to play with these variables I'll let you know if it helps me out.

Sorry bad English.

I had such problem. Has Solved her:

1) You must change your site path: 'mywebsite' or create new as oscomerc need: home/mywebsite/public_html/shoppingcartincludes/modules/payment/

2) Reinstall oscommerc in rigth directory

3)Just create folder home/mywebsite/public_html/shoppingcartincludes/modules/payment/ and put there pay modules, such cc.php, cod.php

Gud luck

Thank you Yojik! :) You gave me an idea.

I checked with my new host provider to find out the correct "basepath" or as OSC calls it the File System or "FS". I thought it began with "home" but my provider has me on a different server that uses "home2". When I installed OSC I used the wrong "home" reference. Most of OSC worked but the payment module/shipping/backup/and other sections didn't work correctly.

Instead of removing OSC and re-installing it again I modified the "configure.php" files.

So in \catalog\includes\configure.php I found the following line and corrected the basepath from home to home2:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home2/mywebsite/www/catalog/');

In \catalog\admin\includes\configure.php I found several lines. I corrected the basepath from home to home2 in these as well:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home2/mywebsite/www/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home2/mywebsite/www/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home2/mywebsite/www/catalog/'); // absolute path required

For anyone else don't forget your path may be different than mine or Yojik's. You should check with your hosting company to find out the correct parameter.

Best Regards,

-Eric

Thank you so much for the reply but it still does not appear to work. When I click on the install button it looks like it reloads the page but nothing happens. Just displays this the directory : /home/mywebsite/public_html/shoppingcartincludes/modules/payment/

Do not see any where to add an email address. Do I have to pay for this functionally? When I go into the file do not see the path that it is showing in the directory. Your shopping cart looks to be one of the best ones I have every looked at would really like to get this setup and working. Do have some programming experience my really job is a Sr Analyst at a help desk. So do have a pretty good understanding of how all of this works. What should I be looking for should a box show up that I can add my email address in or should it just look like the others where I can select from a list of things to add, edit or deleted?

Anyway if you can help that would be great!!

:thumbsup:

Hi! I am not sure if your problem is the same as the problem that i had with oscommerce 2.2 ms2. I could not get the PayPal to work nor could I get any of the Checkout's to work. I was given a browser warning.

I bought the book osCommerce Users manual by Kerry Watson which did help some. My problem was that I had installed the oscommerce using the SSL secure option. Using that option, one must have a SSL secure certs on one's domain.com. I was using shared certs. My needing the SSL certs caused the Checkout Modules NOT to work. BUT.....In my case, I don't need to have a secure server.

I read the osCommerce book and I realized in my case, I do NOT have a credit card account and I will be using a third party credit card company such as 2checkout.com & paypal. So, since I am NOT storing customers credit cards, I don't need a secure server. This is because I won't do the manual credit card modules.

So, in my case, rather than pay the $70 ++ for the SSL cert, I decided that I would uninstall my oscommerce and re-install it. On the re-install, I chose the option of non-secure server. I configured the newly installed osc and I then installed the payPal module and to my surprise the Checkout worked. One needs to do one extra step in PayPal to get the customer to return to your store.

I am new to oscommerce but I wanted to let you know what I discovered & my solution. Plus, I plan to get Kerry watson's other book on oscommerce also. I am not affiliated with her in anyway. The book saved me plenty of headaches. It was $30.

I hope that this helps. So, check to see if you need the secure server or need to reinstall with the option of non-secure server. It all depends on if you are using only PayPal or not.

Mathilde