• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit, discount or gift certificates

john2john

Hello,

I'm looking for a commerce program which allows the buyer to enter a discount code.

For exp. they make a purchase for $25, checkout to payment and enter their discount code of a certain amount given by the store owner to the buyer?

Is this possible in osCommerce?

Thanks,

John

Hello,

I'm looking for a commerce program which allows the buyer to enter a discount code.

For exp. they make a purchase for $25, checkout to payment and enter their discount code of a certain amount given by the store owner to the buyer?

Is this possible in osCommerce?

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

You should be able to do this with the "Credit Class/Gift Voucher" contribution. That's one of the most incredible things about OsCommerce - there are TONS of add-on contributions that are always being updated, secured, and added. Just search for "discount coupon" or "discount" or "coupon" in the Contributions section of the site.

Blessings,

Fred

HPP Web Solutions | HPP Christian Hosting, E-Commerce, Design

Hi John,

You should be able to do this with the "Credit Class/Gift Voucher" contribution.  That's one of the most incredible things about OsCommerce - there are TONS of add-on contributions that are always being updated, secured, and added.  Just search for "discount coupon" or "discount" or "coupon" in the Contributions section of the site.

Blessings,

Fred

HPP Web Solutions | HPP Christian Hosting, E-Commerce, Design

Hi Fred,

Great, I appreciate the tip, i just stumbled on osCommerce. It looks like a great find.

As a newbie, where do you suggest I start to get familiar/learn the basics of osCommerce?

By the way, that's a great name you have there, same as my brother, all Freds are cool.

Thanks,

John

Hi Fred,

Great, I appreciate the tip, i just stumbled on osCommerce. It looks like a great find.

As a newbie, where do you suggest I start to get familiar/learn the basics of osCommerce?

By the way, that's a great name you have there, same as my brother, all Freds are cool.

Thanks,

John

Hey -

John - cool name, same as my cousin (grin). You're at the right place - these forums are awesome and have tons of stuff and answers. Also, hopefully, your host can provide you with good support as well (need a good osCommerce host, contact me, ha ha!) ... but it's a great software. I am slowly migrating all of our storefronts to OsCommerce.

Good luck!

Fred

HPP Web Solutions | HPP Christian Web Hosting, Design, and E-Commerce