• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integrating OSC with current layout

magikey38

Hi everyone.

First and foremost, I would like to thank the group of people that created OSC. I have been searching for a program that is user friendly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any problems since I am a newbie when it comes to php.

I recently designed the layout found at Special Occasions Gifts & Flowers.

My question is this: is it possible to integrate OSC with this design? While I await your reply, I will search the contributions for the answers, as well as this forum. So far, I have been able to find some very interesting contributions which answered quesitons I've had since embarking on this project.

Thank you in advance for any answers you may provide.

Magikey

Hi everyone.

First and foremost, I would like to thank the group of people that created OSC. I have been searching for a program that is user friendly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any problems since I am a newbie when it comes to php.

I recently designed the layout found at Special Occasions Gifts & Flowers.

My question is this: is it possible to integrate OSC with this design? While I await your reply, I will search the contributions for the answers, as well as this forum. So far, I have been able to find some very interesting contributions which answered quesitons I've had since embarking on this project.

Thank you in advance for any answers you may provide.

Magikey

You will find it easier to intergrate you design into osC rather than the other way around. Look at the sts template system that can make it easier to work a html setup into osC.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hi,

Your current site is bright and colourful, and consists mainly of a header/logo, right column, and the nav bars underneath the logo (and the footer). The border looks good also, in general, nice layout (no 'body' appeared for me in the middle though ? ).

I would suggest rather than starting with the osCommerce standard 'layout' and trying to make your current design "fit in", you would be better (and less frustrating), to "make osCommerce fit into your current design.

Peter

I would like to thank you all for your assistance. However, where do I find the sts template system? As usual, I will look for the answers while I await yours.

And Peter, thank you for the compliment on the layout. I appreciate the feedback.

Magikey.

I would like to thank you all for your assistance. However, where do I find the sts template system? As usual, I will look for the answers while I await yours.

And Peter, thank you for the compliment on the layout. I appreciate the feedback.

Magikey.

STS Contribution at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

STS Supporting Forum at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58541

Archived