• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Membership Levels

nmaster64

I'm in need of a way to set different levels of memberships.

There should be like 3 or 4 different types of members, 3 purchasable, and 1 awarded by me. I need it to all integrate so that when someone logs in and they are of a certain membership, they get a certain page and certain options.

So if I have say a Support membership, than I get Tech Support Chat. So that option needs to be available for me when I login, but not seeable by members of lower levels.

Thanks for any help.

I'm in need of a way to set different levels of memberships.

There should be like 3 or 4 different types of members, 3 purchasable, and 1 awarded by me. I need it to all integrate so that when someone logs in and they are of a certain membership, they get a certain page and certain options.

So if I have say a Support membership, than I get purchasableChat. So that option needs to be available for me when I login, but not seeable by members of lower levels.

Thanks for any help.

make a box, so when not logged in -> no box

else if logged in -> show box

create a extra field in your customers admin (if you aint got it)

some sample code below ;-)

global $customer_id;
$customer_level_query = tep_db_query("select customers_level  from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");
$customer_level = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_level_query);

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { //show box

if ( $customer_level['customers_level'] == 1) {

// purchasable

} else {
if ( $customer_level['customers_level'] == 2) {

// awarded

} else {
if ( $customer_level['customers_level'] == 3) {

// purchasable

}
}
}
}

greetz john

make a box, so when not logged in -> no box

else if logged in -> show box

create a extra field in your customers admin (if you aint got it)

some sample code below ;-)

greetz john

Thanks a ton for your reply.

I've already got it set up with group levels and to where each group sees special prices, and now I just need to make sure some products and links are available to upper-level members and not lower-level members. I know how to make them upgrade when they purchase a higher level too.

Now I just need to set it so when they logon, their header displays different links. So, what I was hoping to do was edit header.php with a code that essentially says "If your a level 1 member, links to here and here, but if your 2, here, here, and here. And if your 3, you get everything."

Here's an image of what I'm thinking about (astetics and links would probably be a little different):

levels.gif

So can anyone help me with the code for that? With the "if this level user, then, display this header" thing?

Thanks a ton for your reply.

I've already got it set up with group levels and to where each group sees special prices, and now I just need to make sure some products and links are available to upper-level members and not lower-level members. I know how to make them upgrade when they purchase a higher level too.

Now I just need to set it so when they logon, their header displays different links. So, what I was hoping to do was edit header.php with a code that essentially says "If your a level 1 member, links to here and here, but if your 2, here, here, and here. And if your 3, you get everything."

Here's an image of what I'm thinking about (astetics and links would probably be a little different):

levels.gif

So can anyone help me with the code for that? With the "if this level user, then, display this header" thing?

Ok. I changed it up a bit. Instead of in the header, I want to change the right column to have a box of links.

memberbox.gif

Kinda like that, but of course, different depending on your level.

Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help.

Archived