• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Shopping Cart

1717sitebuilder

Instead of your typical shopping cart system (i.e. the price of the item is already pre-determined and the customers only have choose the quantity, and the final purchase price is calculated.), I need to build a shopping cart system that asks the customers a series of questions, then calculate the price of this "customize" product base on the customers? answers, and send this information to the transaction site (i.e. PayPal, VeriSign, etc...) for payment processing.

For example: Let say I'm selling "custom made" cars on-line, and the typical questions I would ask on my site would be:

A. Q: what's the rim size you would like? A: 36in

B. Q: How many speakers would you like to be installed in the car? A: 4

C. Q: What body kit would you like on your car? A: BMW

and so on...

Then, base on the answer that the shopping cart got from the customer, it would produce the following:

1. List of what that the customer wanted on his or her car (basically a report that regurgitate the customer's answer)

2. Calculate the price of the car base on those answers.

Finally, if the customer decided that they want to purchase the car, the site will be direct him or her to the credit card transaction site for payment; off course, the calculated price will be transfer to the transaction site as well.

Any suggestion regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1SB

Instead of your typical shopping cart system (i.e. the price of the item is already pre-determined and the customers only have choose the quantity, and the final purchase price is calculated.),

What you need is the contribution that I'm working on ... see this posting for more info. The more demand that I get, like yours, the sooner I'll get it done!

Archived