• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uploading images for category A ...

Hi,

I've been happily uploading all my images, and they've been going straight into the default images directory.

However, I've just created a new category, and I'd like images uploaded for these items to go into a subdirectory within the images folder.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this? :huh:

TIA,

Robin

Checkout the Contributions page (Link at top of Forum Home) i have seen mods there for this request.

Thanks, I will do. The default installation of osCommerce comes setup with images in subfolders already though ... so I thought there might be a way to do it without installing a contribution...

Hi,

I've been happily uploading all my images, and they've been going straight into the default images directory.

However, I've just created a new category, and I'd like images uploaded for these items to go into a subdirectory within the images folder.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this?  :huh:

TIA,

Robin

I just noticed this today:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Tips_and_Tricks/188

Couldn't figure out why all my images were being duplicated directly under the /images directory even though I had them all neatly tucked away in their own subfolders.

I just noticed this today:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Tips_and_Tricks/188

Couldn't figure out why all my images were being duplicated directly under the /images directory even though I had them all neatly tucked away in their own subfolders.

Clever........ I'm very suprised the standard osCom doesn't offer this by default though! Thanks... bit of a pain having to upload via FTP but hey ho!

Unfortunately though if you edit the product, the image won't display again no matter what I try!

I couldn't find a contribution either.... I'll just have to stick with all the images in one big folder :lol:

I am having the same problem. Most host servers limit files in a folder to 2000 and then truncates the remaining so that you cant see them - which means you cant access them.

I tried that wiki tip /trick - I cant get it to work at all. I really need to find an easy solution. osc comes with subfolders installed - that must be an easy way of doing it......

I can not get it to work :'( - any tips on this ?

One thing I do not understand - in the wiki tips/tricks - the path

c: catalog\images\det\image.gif

does not have any of the backslashes in it - it is shown as

c: catalogimagesdet/image.gif

Is this what is intended?

Perhaps someone who has this working could advise on exact steps for those of us who seem clueless in this area.... (please)

It does work ..... but it's just not a good solution at all.

Archived