• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Held Orders

rickhudson

I've recently installed the Held Orders module on a live shop, due to problems with customers not clicking "Continue" to return back to the shop from the Barclaycard ePDQ credit card system (so no order information was being stored in OSCommerce).

However, I have a further problem.

Though the Held Orders module is working OK, some customers are clearly changing their minds at the Checkout Confirmation stage. As a result, I have records in the Held Orders database for orders that were not placed. Or, their session expires, so they log back into the system and this creates a duplicate set of held orders records.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can correct this, so that the Held Orders information is only stored AFTER they click on Submit in the Checkout Confirmation page, before they hit the Credit Card system?

This will eliminate the additional adminstrative effort, deleting all the Held Orders records that were never confirmed as orders.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Richard

Hi there,

Not sure if this is of any use to you but I'm using epdq and have been using the 'recover carts' contrib to get over the problem of people not clicking continue when they place their order.

cheers

stubbsy

• 11 months later...

does anyone know how to empty the held orders section all at once, after you have already gone through and taken the orders that were needed out?

something similar to the way supertracker clears data would be useful :)

well i figured it wasn't part of the original contribution. i was hoping somebody knew how to make a delete feature similar to the supertracker's :) i took a look at it, but the code makes no sense to me