• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

Chemo,

Sorry to beat a dead horse here and maybe you answered me - but I still don't understand.

My session IDS are still coming up in the browser the first time as really long. I know you said this is normal behavior - however when I view the source code - all my ids are listed as very long UNTIL i make that first click..

So my question is without beating around the bush anymore - is this contrib really useful considering that the spiders are going to hit the first url, then branch off and notate each url therein - unlike the user who benefits from the html wrapper.

Thank you very much, I just want to make sure I am doing all the right things. As of right now I get visited daily by 3 major spider (google/yahoo/msn)

But they don't dig deep for some reason. I don't have any ranking either. :( Only on our 2nd month of existence, and the guy that registered the site put up a coming soon splash for 6 months which is also hurting us...so I can't see what URLS are actually being capture yet...any idea on this sir?

Thanks again!

OH btw - where can I get an updated spider.txt ehhe.

S

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chemo,

Sorry to beat a dead horse here and maybe you answered me - but I still don't understand.

My session IDS are still coming up in the browser the first time as really long. I know you said this is normal behavior - however when I view the source code - all my ids are listed as very long UNTIL i make that first click..

So my question is without beating around the bush anymore - is this contrib really useful considering that the spiders are going to hit the first url, then branch off and notate each url therein - unlike the user who benefits from the html wrapper.

Thank you very much, I just want to make sure I am doing all the right things.  As of right now I get visited daily by 3 major spider (google/yahoo/msn)

But they don't dig deep for some reason.  I don't have any ranking either. :(  Only on our 2nd month of existence, and the guy that registered the site put up a coming soon splash for 6 months which is also hurting us...so I can't see what URLS are actually being capture yet...any idea on this sir?

Thanks again!

S

Sounds like your store is working the way it is supposed to...

They will be present until you click so it can set the session. The links the spider will see are the same as a visitor would see.

You can find spiders.txt in the contribution section.

Edited by clarocque

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Sorry Chemo to disturb you another time but I meet a new problem. I have some articles that start like this :

L'?conomie

And with your contribution installed, I have an error on the product_info page.  That's the ' that brings me such error.

What can I do ? First I've tried to enter the products like this :

L`?conomie

But when a customer search for the original title he is unable to find the appropriate product.

Could you bring me some help on this?

Regards!

hmmm...that should already be stripped with the strip() function in includes/seo_cache.php

Try adding it manually to the strip array. Create a new entry in the array with that character. Then, through the admin control panel reset the cache. Visit the store to recreate the cache and see if that worked for you.

Hi Bobby,

Still getting 404 errors with Rewrite.  Copied the .htaccess file to the catalog director and to root, with your revised settings.  Still doesn't work.

Any possibility that my httpd.conf is not set correctly, so that the RewriteEngine isn't allowed to work?

Again, thanks in advance!

- Seth <>

www.thoomp.com

There could be a few different reasons why the simple code provided does not work. The fastest way to get this resolved is to ask your webhosting provider what the OptionsOveride setting is for Apache. If it is set to NONE and do not have the RewriiteEngine ON then you cannot use the contribution...although it would be pretty stupid of them. Why have mod_rewrite if you won't let people use it?

So, ask your provider what the OptionsOverride setting is for Apache. Also, ask them if you need to put a FollowSymlinks +ON setting in htaccess for this to work.

Hi Cheemo,

For one ..great contribution.

I feel a bit silly having problems with this as everyone else has managed to install without a problem (or so it seems).

Here is what I end up with.

The first time i open the browser and logon to the site  the urls do show up as..

mydomain.com/dev/-c-36.html and it navigates fine to the appropriate directory.

After that I run into two problems.

1) Why isnt the category name/product name included in the path

(i have configured as "rewrite")

2) Following that first, load, any other link I click on has the old path

dev/index.php?cPath=37

I'm really not sure where to look for the cause of this problem so any help would be appreciated.

p.s. When I installed - I was a bit confused, I have the osC base "Cache feature" on my cart - but I'm not sure if thats the one you referred to installation step 1b - so I used method 1a.

Thanks alot

Mark

In your admin control panel set the filter short words setting to 0 (zero) and then clear the cache. Visit the store page to recreate the cache data. Then, see if everything is working OK. Since you get the -c- and -p- portion it appears as though the code is funcitoning correctly for you...it's just that the words with less than 3 characters are being stripped.

Hi

I am relatively new to this and need some help with settings, what i am unsure of is the "prevent spider sessions". I need my site to work well with the search engines and note that some alterations/upgrades are available. The www.hiveuk.co.uk site has been running since November and is starting to get picked up by the search engines but i have seen some os site with a more regular page desciption rather than all the jumbled up numbers and letters as the url and think that may be a benefit if i could add it onto my site. Any help would be very much appreciated. To save others reading your replies you can send them direct to me at [email protected].

Thanks

Darren

The setting that you are interested in is the Prevent Spider Session which should be TRUE. Also, make sure that you have an updated spiders.txt file (look in the contribution area for an ongoing effort).

Chemo,

Thank you very much, I just want to make sure I am doing all the right things.  As of right now I get visited daily by 3 major spider (google/yahoo/msn)

But they don't dig deep for some reason.  I don't have any ranking either. :(  Only on our 2nd month of existence, and the guy that registered the site put up a coming soon splash for 6 months which is also hurting us...so I can't see what URLS are actually being capture yet...any idea on this sir?

Thanks again!

S

Sincraft,

I have answered you (rather the question in general) and the response is that described behavior is how a correctly configured store will behave.

There are 2 kinds of store visitors: customers and spiders. All customers should have the osCsid appended to the URL until after first click where there is a decision point by the script. Does the customer have cookies enabled? If they do the osCsid is saved to the cookie and pulled from that thereafter. However, if they do NOT have cookies enabled it will continue appending the osCsid on every URL.

However, for spiders the script picks up their useragent and if it matches an entry in spiders.txt it WILL NOT append the osCsid. For this to work you have to have Prevent Spider Sessions set to TRUE and also have an updated spiders.txt file.

Sounds like your store is working the way it is supposed to...

They will be present until you click so it can set the session. The links the spider will see are the same as a visitor would see.

You can find spiders.txt in the contribution section.

Mucho gratitude helping me keep up with the support...I've been sick lately and that put me behind with not only clients but also these support threads.

Bobby

hmmm...that should already be stripped with the strip() function in includes/seo_cache.php

Try adding it manually to the strip array.  Create a new entry in the array with that character.  Then, through the admin control panel reset the cache.  Visit the store to recreate the cache and see if that worked for you.

Sorry Chemo I'm a bit lost... my english is not fluent. Do I have to do this? :

-> goto catalog/includes/seo_cache.php

-> replace

function strip($convert_me) {
$strip_array = array("'",chr(33),chr(34),chr(35),chr(36),chr(37),chr(38),chr(39),chr(40),chr(41),chr(42),chr(43),chr(44),chr(45),chr(46),chr(47),chr(58),chr(59),chr(60),chr(61),chr(62),chr(63),chr(91),chr(92),chr(93),chr(94),chr(95),chr(96),chr(123),chr(124),chr(125),chr(126) );  
$convert_me = str_replace($strip_array, '', $convert_me);
$convert_me = str_replace(array(' ', '  ', '__', '--'), '-', $convert_me);
$convert_me = strtolower($convert_me);
return $convert_me;
 }

by

$strip_array = array("'",chr(33),chr(34),chr(35),chr(36),chr(37),chr(38),chr(39),chr(40),chr(41),chr(42),chr(43),chr(44),chr(45),chr(46),chr(47),chr(58),chr(59),chr(60),chr(61),chr(62),chr(63),chr(91),chr(92),chr(93),chr(94),chr(95),chr(96),chr(123),chr(124),chr(125),chr(126) );  
$convert_me = str_replace(array(' ', '  ', '__', '--'[COLOR=red][B], '[/B][/COLOR]), '-', $convert_me);
return $convert_me;
 }

Thanks for you help!

OSC2.2

That will work...

Bobby

:( It doesn't work. I've also tried this :

$strip_array = array("'","'",chr(33),chr(34),chr(35),chr(36),chr(37),chr(38),chr(39),chr(40),chr(41),chr(42),chr(43),chr(44),chr(45),chr(46),chr(47),chr(58),chr(59),chr(60),chr(61),chr(62),chr(63),chr(91),chr(92),chr(93),chr(94),chr(95),chr(96),chr(123),chr(124),chr(125),chr(126) );  
$convert_me = str_replace(array(' ', '  ', '__', '--'), '-', $convert_me);
return $convert_me;
 }

and this

$convert_me = str_replace(array(' ', '  ', '__', '--', '/''), '-', $convert_me);
return $convert_me;
 }

But nothing works...

OSC2.2

John,

Use this to manually create the table using phpMyAdmin.

CREATE TABLE `cache` (

`cache_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

`cache_language_id` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',

`cache_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

`cache_data` mediumtext NOT NULL,

`cache_global` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',

`cache_gzip` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',

`cache_method` varchar(20) NOT NULL default 'RETURN',

`cache_date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

`cache_expires` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

PRIMARY KEY  (`cache_id`,`cache_language_id`),

KEY `cache_id` (`cache_id`),

KEY `cache_language_id` (`cache_language_id`),

KEY `cache_global` (`cache_global`)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

Regards,

EricK

Thanks EricK,

That opened my store back up.... ur great!

DO you, or anyone else for that matter, happen to know what the table is that install-seo.php creates? I need to manually install that one too.

I figure I need to manually install it since I do not see any changes under my Admin/Configuration panel.

Thanks EricK,

That opened my store back up.... ur great!

DO you, or anyone else for that matter, happen to know what the table is that install-seo.php creates?  I need to manually install that one too. 

I figure I need to manually install it since I do not see any changes under my Admin/Configuration panel.

I think I fixed it.

The Admin Panel is now showing an SEO section

After getting the cache table working, I had to unistall then reinstall the proper cache-enabled code provided by chemo for the htm_output.php file.

That seemed to turn things around.

Thanks Chemo and EriK

I am still wondering why, after a successful install and setup, nothing appears to have changed at my site. The URLS still follow osCommerce standards and are seen as php files. Can anyone help with why this is happening. Has anyone else seen this on their site????

-Aaron

I am still wondering why, after a successful install and setup, nothing appears to have changed at my site. The URLS still follow osCommerce standards and are seen as php files. Can anyone help with why this is happening. Has anyone else seen this on their site????

-Aaron

Apologies if you have already done this, but did you go into the admin interface and turn SEO on?

Susan

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
?$currencies = new currencies();

?$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');
?
? // Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo
?// If the action will affect the cache entries
?if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');
?

?if (tep_not_null($action)) {
? ?switch ($action) {
? ? ?case 'setflag':
? ? ? ?if ( ($HTTP_GET_VARS['flag'] == '0') || ($HTTP_GET_VARS['flag'] == '1') ) {
? ? ? ? ?if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) {
? ? ? ? ? ?tep_set_product_status($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'], $HTTP_GET_VARS['flag']);
? ? ? ? ?}

No, that's not what mine looks like at all. Here is the code as modified with Step 6 added, and with if (tep_not_null($action)) { not removed. Is mine messed up? (this is admin->categories.php)

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
 // Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo
 // If the action will affect the cache entries
 if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');    switch ($action) {
     case 'setflag':
       if ( ($HTTP_GET_VARS['flag'] == '0') || ($HTTP_GET_VARS['flag'] == '1') ) {
         if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) {
           tep_set_product_status($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'], $HTTP_GET_VARS['flag']);
         }

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {
           tep_reset_cache_block('categories');
           tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');
         }
       }

Thanks for any help.

Susan

Chemo,

just a mere explanation :

I realized that when the title reads :

L'?conomie de march?

on the product_info.php page the title is displayed but the description isn't displayed and I receive an error message :

1064 - Erreur de syntaxe pr?s de '1'' ? la ligne 1

select p.products_id from products p left join products_description pd on p.products_id=pd.products_id, products_attributes pa where p.products_id != pa.products_id and p.manufacturers_id='107' and p.products_id!='107' and p.products_tax_class_id='2' and pd.products_name LIKE '%L%'%?%c%' and p.products_status='1'

But if the (') is not placed at the beginning of the title, the product_info.php page has no bug.

For instance a title like :

R?trospective : l'?conomie de march?

brings no problem.

I've installed the new version of the seo_cache as it seems there was an error. I'm not sure if it caused troubles. I replaced :

#####################################################################
#   DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING  #

by

#   DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU\'RE DOING  #

OSC2.2

#   DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING  #

by

#   DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU\'RE DOING  #

That is no error - that is all commented - maybe it should read

#   DO NOT EDIT ABOVE OR BELOW THIS POINT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING  #

I am just picking.... - it should not matter as it is all commented out.

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Sounds like you have not updated the .htaccess file.

Eric_K,

I have created and properly placed the .htaccess file.

Apologies if you have already done this, but did you go into the admin interface and turn SEO on?

Susan,

Yes I have turned everything on properly in admin. For some odd reason there are two instances of "SEO URL's" in the configuration menu. They are both set up properly though.

-------------------------------

Any other suggestions? The site still runs with no error messages, it's just that there appears to be nothing different after installing this module - all URL's are the same. And yes, it is an APACHE server. I just can't figure out what could be wrong - I followed the instructions perfectly....

Eric_K,

I have created and properly placed the .htaccess file.

Susan,

Yes I have turned everything on properly in admin. For some odd reason there are two instances of "SEO URL's" in the configuration menu. They are both set up properly though.

-------------------------------

Any other suggestions? The site still runs with no error messages, it's just that there appears to be nothing different after installing this module - all URL's are the same. And yes, it is an APACHE server. I just can't figure out what could be wrong - I followed the instructions perfectly....

Here is an update to what is happening...

When I change the URL type to Rewrite instead of cName I am getting the standard 404 File Not Found Error Page. It does appear that now I have the rewrite mod correctly working for the most part, but when it tries to launch the product page as an ".html" file, it is not there or rewritten and available.

Any help would be great;y appreciated. I think we are almost there!!!

Here is an update to what is happening...

When I change the URL type to Rewrite instead of cName I am getting the standard 404 File Not Found Error Page. It does appear that now I have the rewrite mod correctly working for the most part, but when it tries to launch the product page as an ".html" file, it is not there or rewritten and available.

Any help would be great;y appreciated. I think we are almost there!!!

If all the URLs are being formed correctly then that error can only be located in one place: the htaccess file.

The errors I've seen range from editing the wrong htaccess file to not making the correct modifications to the file. Also a common problem but not as prevelant is at the server level.

First, check the CORRECT htacess file was edited. The file that should be edited is the one that is located in your store directory. If the store is located in the root then edit that one. If it is located in a directory under the root edit that one.

Bobby

If all the URLs are being formed correctly then that error can only be located in one place: the htaccess file.

The errors I've seen range from editing the wrong htaccess file to not making the correct modifications to the file.  Also a common problem but not as prevelant is at the server level.

First, check the CORRECT htacess file was edited.  The file that should be edited is the one that is located in your store directory.  If the store is located in the root then edit that one.  If it is located in a directory under the root edit that one.

Bobby

I recreated the .htaccess file. Even though I put back into it the exact same code, it is now working!!!! Yeah. Thanks to everyone for all your help. I just made a PayPal donation to your efforts as well.....

Thanks,

Aaron

I recreated the .htaccess file. Even though I put back into it the exact same code, it is now working!!!! Yeah. Thanks to everyone for all your help. I just made a PayPal donation to your efforts as well.....

Thanks,

Aaron

Last night I just found out something about .htaccess that I'd never known before. It must have a return character at the end of the file, or it won't work. Nobody ever told me that before. I wonder if that could have been your problem...

Susan

Bobby,

I'd really love to get your contribution working, and appreciate your talents, but have been pulling my hair out over it. Now 3.59am in the UK. :'(

2 problems I have (could be related).

1. When I go to my homepage, I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_output_string() in /******/public_html/catalog/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

on line 80

2. On "Step 6 (1) Find this code - admin/categories.php"

The code to find isn't in the(my) file categories.php.

I'd appreciate any help.

Cheers!

Tom

Hi Chemo,

you did really a great work with this contribution.

I did just encounter two problems from which one was already covered by a previous post.

These two problems are:

Language Support on Product or categorie level - it is not possible to switch from (in my case from german to english) if you have as usual in differnet languages different product names or categorie names like skirt (en) Rock (de). In switching the language he will return no products found (with rewrite and cname similiar)

The second problem is the add to the shopping cart where you already post a solution which I do have to try.

Greetings,

Ernst

Bobby,

I'm sorry for reposting this, To start before I forget again I have had and still have Prevent Spider Sessions set to TRUE . I am after all trying to help out while benefiting myself due to the fact that after 1 month we are not listed in Search Engines with our keywords :( BUT we are listed with many other keywords. I just want to make sure that ULTIMATE SEO is actually doing just that, Search Engine Optimization. I have the updated spider.txt file from the contrib. (verified via date on ftp and ultimate seo installation)

I have 643 listings in MSN. I changed certain things on my webpage to ensure that when I did get listings, they were AFTER I installed Ultimate SEO. I haven't seen anyone post in here as to whether or not this contrib is doing what it was meant to so I guess I'll be the first of the news so far. If you want, I will send you my MSN search for our website so you can see it for yourselves.

The first thing I noticed is, our first 20 or so listings are for product reviews (of which we have none) - which puts me in an akward situation. I may have to have that commented out in my robot txt. But here is an example where it seems to have not wrapped the url..

MY Keyword

Keyword .: Keyword Home :. ? Red Keyword ? Keyword #nsla8037 ? Reviews My Account | ... WHILE THEY'RE HOT! Red Widgets- Super Size Widgets -What's New? Super Size Widgets Animal Widgets ...

www.example.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=28&osCsid=a17d56eee79210ab67cd7367dd89... Cached page 2/5/2005

Going 4 pages in...I finally get to actual products (somewhat out of order both alphabetical and in order of our category listings)

It takes them to the actual product if you click for more info...

For Widger Lovers!

Keyword TWO for Widgets of all Examples. .: Keyword Home :. ? Mini Widgets ? ns8923 My Account | ... WHILE THEY'RE HOT! Red Widgets - Super Size Widgets What's New? Super Size Widgets - WIdgies ...

www.example.com/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=133&osCsid=a17d56eee79210ab67cd7...

When you get to about our 7 page of listings, you finally see a HTML wrapper with an odd little thing at the end for the buy now button... But this is picking up an individual product listing not the categories etc..

For Widger Lovers!

Keyword TWO for Widgets of all Examples. .: Keyword Home :. ? Mini Widgets ? ns8674 My Account | ... WHILE THEY'RE HOT! Red Widgets - Super Size Widgets What's New? Super Size Widgets - Police Widgetl $76 ...

www.example.com/ns8674-flashy-looking-widget-with-flashy-widgets-p-130.html?action=buy_now...

(the above example comprises about 5% of different listings (with html tags and other things at the end))

------------------------

There are a TON of posts about how this contrib functions, how to get it working, and integrating it with other contribs etc...But I have seen none discuss the actual viability of this contrib for what it was meant to do...otherwise what would be the purpose of installing it. We all want better SEO - and I'm am afraid this is just taking up space and resources because of the first click issue. I'm not trying to make anyone upset here, I really wouldn't post this if I didn't care and just uninstall it and go on my merry way and install Sitemap with wrappers - but I want to setup a discussion on this so that if I am wrong >WHICH I PROBABLY AM< then I would like to be corrected and told why. But I have 643 listings that say otherwise. I don't know much about Search Engine Algorythms (or how to spell algorythm for that matter HA) - but I do have some common sense, (a tiny tiny bit) and the first thing I thought when I saw it not working until the first click was - hmm that can't be good.

SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE AT THIS. I'm sure this pretty much kills any possibility I had to link with bobby's pr7 link site - But I'd rather get the issue resolved and build a strong foundation for a longterm E-commerce site , rather than blinding add contribs hoping they will work. I've read too much about how 50% of everything people do toward SEO is actually hurting them and not helping them. SO I just want to be sure of things and do things correctly and cautiously.

ANY suggestions, hate mail, or DoS attacks - please keep in mind that I'm NOT trying to be a jerk, I REALLY want what is best for MY site and for everyones elses. That's why we are here isn't it?

Thank you for your time Bobby and other php/seo God's.

Also, has anyone had experience with 3rd party dynamic link > html wrapper software that is availble to do this? All of our competitors have STRAIGHT HTML URLS with no funny characters before or after. Investigations have proven they are using .cfm .asp .php wrapped with said software.

S

Edited by Sincraft

Hi Chemo,

I have forgot to add some example for my last post

english

http://....../product_info.php/language/de/pName/apron-color-blue/cName/aprons

german

http://....../product_info.php/pName/sch%FCrze-farbe-blau/cName/sch%FCrzen

so you can not switch between the languages

also I found no way to add products to the basket if I use the rewrite mode.

Thanks for your help,

Ernst

www.example.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=28&osCsid=a17d56eee79210ab67cd7367dd89... Cached page 2/5/2005

www.example.com/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=133&osCsid=a17d56eee79210ab67cd7...

When you get to about our 7 page of listings, you finally see a HTML wrapper with an odd little thing at the end for the buy now button... But this is picking up an individual product listing not the categories etc..

www.example.com/ns8674-flashy-looking-widget-with-flashy-widgets-p-130.html?action=buy_now...

(the above example comprises about 5% of different listings (with html tags and other things at the end))

Scott,

You are suffering from ill effects of your previous setup PRIOR to installing Ultimate SEO URL's. I can tell just by the URLs that you gave above. How? Too easy...

First, your old product_id type URLs still function. This was so that after you turned on the SEO URLs it would not give 404 errors to those that may have linked via affiliates or natural linking. The down side to this is that all the URLs indexed by a search engine will also still function. Hence, the product_id type URL that was indexed by MSN will still be valid.

When a spider crawls your site again (after the initial crawl) it will index each URL capturing essential info like page content, meta information, AND REQUEST URI (URL). When it is time to visit your site again it does not start from the top down indexing everything fresh. It starts with the ones already indexed to check if they have changed in content. Hence, if something.php?products_id=XX was indexed before it will return to that address which is still valid.

Now, as the spiders index the old URL page it will grab the new SEO URLs.

The proper way to handle this situation is to send 301 headers (moved permanently) so that the old URLs will map to the new SEO URLs. This will replace the old indexed URLs and force the spider to update it's index accordingly.

At the present time I am working on a failsafe method of getting this done. It's not as easy as it sounds (to send mass 301 headers for old URLs) since I have to TRY and make it as compatible as possible with most other contributions.

In the meantime, it will not harm your rankings for currently indexed pages. However, it will prevent the SEO URLs from rising to the top due to possible duplicate content. The way it works is if two pages are deemed duplicate content the one with the highest page rank is indexed and the lower one is ignored. Thus, your old URLs will remain and the new SEO URLs will stay around page 7.

Bobby

Hi Chemo,

I have forgot to add some example for my last post

english

http://....../product_info.php/language/de/pName/apron-color-blue/cName/aprons

german

http://....../product_info.php/pName/sch%FCrze-farbe-blau/cName/sch%FCrzen

so you can not switch between the languages

also I found no way to add products to the basket if I use the rewrite mode.

Thanks for your help,

Ernst

Turn off your SEF URLs option...

Bobby