• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

I have had version 2.2.2 installed and working. Yet when I try upgrading to yesudo latest release I get the following error when I try and go into the catalog section in the admin panel

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/getwi/public_html/dev/admin/categories.php on line 76

I have had a little a play but to be honest I know nothing about php code and how it should go together.

I have added my admin\categories.php

If someone would be kind enough to take a peek and point me in the direction of what is wrong.

If I put the admin\categories.php from 2.2.2 back in then it works but obviously I dont have the functionality of

yesudo's release :(

Regards

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had version 2.2.2 installed and working. Yet when I try upgrading to yesudo latest release I get the following error when I try and go into the catalog section in the admin panel

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/getwi/public_html/dev/admin/categories.php on line 76

I have had a little a play but to be honest I know nothing about php code and how it should go together.

I have added my admin\categories.php

If someone would be kind enough to take a peek and point me in the direction of what is wrong.

If I put the admin\categories.php from 2.2.2 back in then it works but obviously I dont have the functionality of

yesudo's release :(

Regards

I would suggest discarding your amended categories file - then doing the modifications again - incase something was missed.

Your online success is Paramount.

I would suggest discarding your amended categories file - then doing the modifications again - incase something was missed.

I thought it may have been because I had a modded admin\categories.php as some of the parts I have to search or were slightly different.

So I have downloaded the latest release of OSC from the downloads section so I can do the changes to a virgin admin\categories.php file. How ever I have come accross the following

After:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_min_level,pd.products_name,

Add:

pd.products_seo_url,

I cant find that but if I remove the _min_level I can find it so I am asume you have some contrib installed there?

I still get the same error message and I have done 3 times from scratch and still get that error.

I have rolled back to 2.2.2 and all seems stable at the moment

I thought it may have been because I had a modded admin\categories.php as some of the parts I have to search or were slightly different.

So I have downloaded the latest release of OSC from the downloads section so I can do the changes to a virgin admin\categories.php file. How ever I have come accross the following

After:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_min_level,pd.products_name,

Add:

pd.products_seo_url,

I cant find that but if I remove the _min_level I can find it so I am asume you have some contrib installed there?

I still get the same error message and I have done 3 times from scratch and still get that error.

I have rolled back to 2.2.2 and all seems stable at the moment

Use Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the Contrib Area. That is the only one that works properly. Do NOT use any other versions unless you have a VERY specific need to, as they are full of bugs.

Regards,

Chris

Use Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the Contrib Area. That is the only one that works properly. Do NOT use any other versions unless you have a VERY specific need to, as they are full of bugs.

Regards,

Chris

I know I have rolled back to 2.1d on my live store, I would of like to have been able to use yesudo's versin as it enables you to create your own url's

I know I have rolled back to 2.1d on my live store, I would of like to have been able to use yesudo's versin as it enables you to create your own url's

Please pm me a copy of your unmodified categories file.

Your online success is Paramount.

Please pm me a copy of your unmodified categories file.

HI,

I will have to do it later today as the files are my laptop.

Thanks

Shaun

Hi,

I have version 2 of this mod installed. My problem is that i have around 600 pages of my site in Google supplemental results. I changed the design of the site about 3 times in last one year. and moved to a new server.. Google supplemental has lot of my old urls....which either dont exist anymore or whose urls have changed.

WOuld the latest release of this contribution help redirectt my urls( old urls are also mod rewrite generated)?

If I have to manually to do this through htaccess ..how do i do that?

How do I redirect 301...index.php to www.sitename.com with this contribution installed?

thank you

Edited by dumb_question

Hi,

I have version 2 of this mod installed. My problem is that i have around 600 pages of my site in Google supplemental results. I changed the design of the site about 3 times in last one year. and moved to a new server.. Google supplemental has lot of my old urls....which either dont exist anymore or whose urls have changed.

WOuld the latest release of this contribution help redirectt my urls( old urls are also mod rewrite generated)?

If I have to manually to do this through htaccess ..how do i do that?

How do I redirect 301...index.php to www.sitename.com with this contribution installed?

thank you

Try This WEBSITE for tips and tricks on .htaccess redirects

Try This WEBSITE for tips and tricks on .htaccess redirects

Thanks ..that is one great site.

I finally installed the latest version and everything seems to be working fine. Old urls that are buried in google supplemental results are directed to relevant urls. However, when ran old (now non-existent urls) through redirect cheker tools suchs as this one http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/redirect-check/, i get a 200 instead of 301.

Is the mod designed like that or there is an installation error? For SEO reason, google should know that it is permanent redirect...i believe

Many thanks!

Thanks ..that is one great site.

I finally installed the latest version and everything seems to be working fine. Old urls that are buried in google supplemental results are directed to relevant urls. However, when ran old (now non-existent urls) through redirect cheker tools suchs as this one http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/redirect-check/, i get a 200 instead of 301.

Is the mod designed like that or there is an installation error? For SEO reason, google should know that it is permanent redirect...i believe

Many thanks!

Well i'm going to second the dumb question.

I got the 301 redirect sorta working but its redirecting the rewritten page to the same page.

I can't figure out how get the redirect to kick in because i can't delete the exsisting pages so right now when i run a simulated spider both pages are found and sure don't want google penalizing me. It will defeat the purpose for going though this hell...Hopefully someone has an idea of what to do here.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this contribution but still seem to have one problem:

Everything appears fine except with some subcategories, whenever the URL has a page and sort parameter at the end I end up with a "Page not found" type error from my host's server.

(it works OK if I manually remove the "&page=1&sort=3a" part from the end of the URL in the browser URL box).

Any ideas of a quick fix for this please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

frankly, I couldn't go through all 69 pages.

So, if it's duplicated question please forgive me.

I downloaded and installed the latest version (uploaded on 31 Oct 2006) followed the install.html (well, what's written there was not as same as the things in the zipped files.) and additional_install_instructions.txt but I don't see any SEO URLs menu in the control panel. And if I "Update" any item in the Categories/Products the page displays

1146 - Table 'realtimefurniture_ca_-_rtf.cache' doesn't exist

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'

[TEP STOP]

Please help me on this.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

frankly, I couldn't go through all 69 pages.

So, if it's duplicated question please forgive me.

I downloaded and installed the latest version (uploaded on 31 Oct 2006) followed the install.html (well, what's written there was not as same as the things in the zipped files.) and additional_install_instructions.txt but I don't see any SEO URLs menu in the control panel. And if I "Update" any item in the Categories/Products the page displays

1146 - Table 'realtimefurniture_ca_-_rtf.cache' doesn't exist

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'

[TEP STOP]

Please help me on this.

Thank you in advance.

Okay, after adding a cache table the error message disappered but I still don't see any Ultimate SEO URLs menu... Help please.

The URL encoding issue: & in the browser's address bar.

This problem around for a while, and I don' know how to fix it. When I enabled the "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)", which of course I should, then everything is fine except sometimes the urls in the browser's address bar also have the format as "&" in it. For example, almost every drop down list generated by OSC will result an "&" in the browser address bar. I found this could cause some problem, such as CCGV contribution, which rely on the variable value passed through the quiring string, and the "&" cause the contribution can't recognize the variable-value pair in the url!

Convert "&" to "&" is good, but only in the body of a html page, when you put url in the address bar of a browser, you should still use "&". To fix this problem, the easy way is to set the "Enable automatic redirects?" to false, then the "&" in the address bar will go away. However, there is a small issue, that is, it seems, for example, every drop down list, such as the manufacturers box or the drop down list on the product_listing page, these urls will in the non-SEO format.

It seems that, some SEO format rely on the OSC's redirect mechanism. So, I think the real solution would be in some aspect of the redirection, right?

Don't know if anyone else already know the fix to this?

Hi All,

I have just installed the 2.1d contribution. However, I get an error "Too many redirects occurred trying to open <URL> This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page."

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried installing a few times, and get the same error each time.

Many thanks,

Rob

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

• 2 weeks later...

G'day

Everything works fine until... I give a product an attribute (option) and then add it to my cart. The link in the cart (and on shopping cart php) does not get SEO friendlied

ie http://www.botanicfanatic.com/appleberrycard-p-28.html

Add it to your cart

Both the link back to Appleberry Card in the cart at left and on shopping cart php points to http://www.botanicfanatic.com/product_info...ucts_id=28{1}14

Any ideas?

Hi All,

I have just installed the 2.1d contribution. However, I get an error "Too many redirects occurred trying to open <URL> This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page."

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried installing a few times, and get the same error each time.

This can happen if the .htaccess file is not setup correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

G'day

Everything works fine until... I give a product an attribute (option) and then add it to my cart. The link in the cart (and on shopping cart php) does not get SEO friendlied

ie http://www.botanicfanatic.com/appleberrycard-p-28.html

Add it to your cart

Both the link back to Appleberry Card in the cart at left and on shopping cart php points to http://www.botanicfanatic.com/product_info...ucts_id=28{1}14

Any ideas?

It works fine when I try it. You might need to clear your browsers cache.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I would suggest using Chemo's official 2.1d that I uploaded in the contrib area. That is the one that I use and it works well. There seems to be problems with the other versions that people have done (all of which have been solved by installing Chemo's official 2.1d).

Ok - I bite... is the 2.1d that I can see in the contrib page the 2.1d that you are referring to - or the 2.1d that Yesudo uploaded...

If not - should I be using 2.1c?

As an Oscomm newbie - this whole contribution thing is making little sense... and contribs seem to have a habit of eating/killing each other... MS3 can't come soon enough...

Yeah that's right - Skippy's getting upset!

:rolleyes:

I love this contribution but still seem to have one problem:

Everything appears fine except with some subcategories, whenever the URL has a page and sort parameter at the end I end up with a "Page not found" type error from my host's server.

(it works OK if I manually remove the "&page=1&sort=3a" part from the end of the URL in the browser URL box).

Any ideas of a quick fix for this please?

Hiya

I had a similar problem - for some reason I would have a product page i.e http://www.ngrcomputers.co.za/leadtek-nvid...2mb-p-2119.html

for some reason google was spidering them as

http://www.ngrcomputers.co.za/leadtek-nvid...ge=5&sort=2 or something like that!

URL still works but it meant it kicked me into supplementals obviously for Duplicate content. Looked high and low but now idea how its happening.

So outa frustration, i have done a 301 redirect to the "proper page"

In application top, just under this:

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

$seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);

I pasted this:

if (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'product_info.php') {

$incoming_url = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

$test = substr($incoming_url,strpos($incoming_url,'.html')+6,20);

$compare1 = substr($incoming_url,1,strpos($incoming_url,'.html')-1);

$compare2 = substr(str_replace(HTTP_SERVER,'',tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'products_id='.$_GET['products_id'])),1,strpos(str_replace(HTTP_SERVER,'',tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'products_id='.$_GET['products_id'])),'.html')-1);

if ($compare1 != $compare2) {

$location = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']),'products_id='.$_GET['products_id'].tep_get_all_get_params(array('products_id')), $request_type);

header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently");

header("Location: $location");

} else {

if ($test != '') {

$location = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']),'products_id='.$_GET['products_id']);

}}

}

if (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == 'index.php') {

if (isset($_GET['cPath'])) {

$incoming_url = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

$compare1 = substr($incoming_url,1,strpos($incoming_url,'.html')-1);

$compare2 = substr(str_replace(HTTP_SERVER,'',tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'cPath='.$_GET['cPath'])),1,strpos(str_replace(HTTP_SERVER,'',tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']), 'cPath='.$_GET['cPath'])),'.html')-1);

if ($compare1 != $compare2) {

$location = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']),'cPath='.$_GET['cPath']. tep_get_all_get_params(array('cPath')), $request_type);

}

}

}

Works for me - might work for you!

Anyone see a potential problem with this?