• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

Hi folks,

I'm about to embark on a site revamp and rather than remove/re-install etc I'm going to start from scratch and keep a log of what gets updated and when for easy fixes in future.

As I'm keen to use Chemo's contrib (rather than SEO G which only allows a single language), can someone please advise what the last stable release was please? I see there are a number of issues with some of them which aren't necessarily easy to resolve.

It appears 2.1D updated is the one to go for?

Thanks

That is the one.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

I have installed SEO URLs and it is working but I cannot access my admin page now. I have run through the installation steps 3 times now and am encountering the same problem. SEO Urls works fine. I have uploaded the SEO Class file to the correct directory.

I would appreciate your help here. Thanks

Please note the error message:

Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kanishka/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/php4/lib/php') in /home/kanishka/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /home/kanishka/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 134

Hi there

I have installed SEO URLs and it is working but I cannot access my admin page now. I have run through the installation steps 3 times now and am encountering the same problem. SEO Urls works fine. I have uploaded the SEO Class file to the correct directory.

Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kanishka/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/php4/lib/php') in /home/kanishka/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /home/kanishka/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 134

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){

$seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);

}

This edit is for the catalog/application_top.php not the admin one

Hi there

The application_top.php code is in place and it is that generating the error.

catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php is missing

I have installed the latest contribution Ultimate SEO URLs Version 2.1e and bug fix and what is happening is i can add to the cart but whenver i click anywhere else the cart becomes empty. Anyone know whats happening please and how i fix this please?

Thanks

I've had SEO URL's installed and working fine for over a year. I just switched servers and now I get a "page not found" error for every product link. Any ideas on why this particular mod is not working? I have it switched off now and the site works fine. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hi there

This happened to me also. It was because I didn't install it correctly or messed up somewhere in Admin. Put your Admin backup copy (assuming you have a backup) in by FTP and get the Admin part back the way it was in working order. Then carefully install the Admin part again. That worked for me and works perfect now. Hope this helps.

I've had SEO URL's installed and working fine for over a year. I just switched servers and now I get a "page not found" error for every product link. Any ideas on why this particular mod is not working? I have it switched off now and the site works fine. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Either it's a winDoze server

Or The shop is not in the same directory and RewriteBase is wrong in .htaccess

Or your new server does not have mod_rewrite

Or the AllowOverride permissions are not sufficient for RewriteRules to work.

Well, I installed Ultimate SEO URLs and everything is working perfect.....I made a new sitemap XML file and told Google to come on by and look for it to update. Today Google announced to me my new sitemap had WARNINGS. Here is what Google states:

All the URLs in your Sitemap are marked as having dynamic content. Because dynamic content is difficult for search engines to crawl and index, this may impact your site's performance in search results. Check your Sitemap to make sure your site information is correct.

Explanation of this Warning is:

Does Google index dynamic pages?

Yes, Google indexes dynamically generated webpages, including .asp pages, .php pages, and pages with question marks in their URLs. However, these pages can cause problems for our crawler and may be ignored. If you're concerned that your dynamically generated pages are being ignored, you may want to consider creating static copies of these pages for our crawler. If you do this, please be sure to include a robots.txt file that disallows the dynamic pages in order to ensure that these pages aren't seen as having duplicate content. In addition, you might consider creating and submitting a detailed Sitemap. This is an easy way for you to submit all your URLs to the Google index and get detailed reports about the visibility of your pages on Google. You can automatically keep us informed of all of your current pages and of any updates you make to those pages. Please note that submitting a Sitemap doesn't guarantee that all pages of your site will be crawled or included in our search results.

Now..........

Does Ultimate SEO URLs have something to do with it because my prior Google sitemap did not have ANY warnings before. It was only until I installed Ultimate SEO.

It stats ALL my URL's are marked as having dynamic content.

Anyone else having this problem? have you looked at your Google Webmaster tools lately to see if you have this Warning? I think Google has changed something in the application because others are complaining about it and they haven't changed anything different to the files or sitemap.

Can anyone with Ultimate SEO installed please verify if you are or are not getting this warning, so I know if it's something I did or if Google's Application is working against Ultimate SEO URLs. Thank you!

Edited by nevergiveup

Well, I installed Ultimate SEO URLs and everything is working perfect.....I made a new sitemap XML file and told Google to come on by and look for it to update. Today Google announced to me my new sitemap had WARNINGS. Here is what Google states:

All the URLs in your Sitemap are marked as having dynamic content. Because dynamic content is difficult for search engines to crawl and index, this may impact your site's performance in search results. Check your Sitemap to make sure your site information is correct.

Explanation of this Warning is:

Does Google index dynamic pages?

Yes, Google indexes dynamically generated webpages, including .asp pages, .php pages, and pages with question marks in their URLs. However, these pages can cause problems for our crawler and may be ignored. If you're concerned that your dynamically generated pages are being ignored, you may want to consider creating static copies of these pages for our crawler. If you do this, please be sure to include a robots.txt file that disallows the dynamic pages in order to ensure that these pages aren't seen as having duplicate content. In addition, you might consider creating and submitting a detailed Sitemap. This is an easy way for you to submit all your URLs to the Google index and get detailed reports about the visibility of your pages on Google. You can automatically keep us informed of all of your current pages and of any updates you make to those pages. Please note that submitting a Sitemap doesn't guarantee that all pages of your site will be crawled or included in our search results.

Now..........

Does Ultimate SEO URLs have something to do with it because my prior Google sitemap did not have ANY warnings before. It was only until I installed Ultimate SEO.

It stats ALL my URL's are marked as having dynamic content.

Anyone else having this problem? have you looked at your Google Webmaster tools lately to see if you have this Warning? I think Google has changed something in the application because others are complaining about it and they haven't changed anything different to the files or sitemap.

Can anyone with Ultimate SEO installed please verify if you are or are not getting this warning, so I know if it's something I did or if Google's Application is working against Ultimate SEO URLs. Thank you!

Not sure but sounds like version 2-2.2e and repeated 301 redirects

I have installed the latest contribution Ultimate SEO URLs Version 2.1e and bug fix and what is happening is i can add to the cart but whenver i click anywhere else the cart becomes empty. Anyone know whats happening please and how i fix this please?

Thanks

Nobody has had this problem occur with them?

Thanks

To anyone else having this problem and implemented the following from the contribution provided by ingwa:

Related to the below update regarding URL redirection, you could also make the change in /includes/functions/html_output.php to not output the OSC session id on the first page. I've tested this and there are no issues when this is done. The url that was beign redirected to with this "bug" was similar to:

-c-16?osCsid.html

Note that it put the ?osCsid before the .html.

Change:

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {

to:

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = false, $search_engine_safe = true) {

See that I changed $add_session_id to false. That's it.

This removes the functionality of keeping items in stock when moving around the site. To anyone else no point in implementing this.

The following was a bug fix posted on 27th May 2008, but why cannot I find

header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently"); //let the SE's know to not use this link

header("Location: $link"); //redirect to the real page

in seo.class.php??

I am using Ultimate SEO URLs Version 2.1e posted on 15th May 2008.

Thanks

while I was listing products on ultimate seo contribution, I realize that the link for the following pages doesn't work.

Instead of searching for the bug I search on internet and find the solution quickly.

Example links:

.html?page=2&sort=2a ----> replace to that, in link it was up to html. ?page=2&sort=2a and similar things on the link were not working.

index.php?manufacturers_id=14&sort=2a&page=2

For those who have the same problem as me: ;

In seo.class.php, (at lines 1060 and 1061)

Find This Lines:

header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently"); //let the SE's know to not use this link

header("Location: $link"); //redirect to the real page

And Replace With:

// header("HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently"); //let the SE's know to not use this link

// header("Location: $link"); //redirect to the real page

That's All (No file).

It seems the general consensus is that 2.1d is the last stable release - I couldn't tell you what the differences are myself though although I am using 'e' and I've only had one problem.

It would probably be useful if some admin could go and clean up the contribution page for this module and delete all the chuff.

What is the different between 2.1d and 2.2.2e? which one is the latest version?

Use Ultimate SEO URLS v21d_UPDATED, others may be later but not better.

OK I've installed this contribution but have a problem. Once either of the .htaccess files is loaded to server then my site closes with Internal Server Error 500. I have tried both including changing the directory path but no go. Remove the file and normal service is resumed.

Also, the contrib does not appear in Admin even though I checked and rechecked the files?

As an aside, why is Chemo banned?

OK after playing around with .htaccess I have the contrib actually working on site but no option in Admin.

I altered the file by removing the 'Option' line and moving the 'Engine On' to the top.

OK after playing around with .htaccess I have the contrib actually working on site but no option in Admin.

I altered the file by removing the 'Option' line and moving the 'Engine On' to the top.

Two reasons that admin may not appear

1) it's already been installed and the configuration options are conflicting (answer) delete all configuration_group and configuration entries related to USU and it will auto install.

2) Many contributions out there take the lazy approach with installation and instead of finding the next available id to install to they set themselves at 88000(odd) USU intelligently selects the next available id but if the aforementioned has happened it may not be able to install at all.

1./ Checked both but no previous entries

2./ Highest is 'More Categories' at 8675309

I've checked just about everything. Thing is, it is working OK but I'm not able to see it in Admin/Configuration for any settings.

1./ Checked both but no previous entries

2./ Highest is 'More Categories' at 8675309

I've checked just about everything. Thing is, it is working OK but I'm not able to see it in Admin/Configuration for any settings.

Well as I said .. More Categories seems to have a ridiculous install procedure and USU can't install.

You can manually take the More Categories ids back to a reasonable level or you can install the USU database entries by manually checking the next available id and applying the sql manually.

hello everybody

i installed this contribution it wasnt working ok i thought

so i uninstalled it i reversed all the steps in the instructions and delted the files i uploaded

im trying to reinstiall the contribution now but i get the

500 Error - Internal Server Error

This error was caused due to an unexpected difficulty in fulfilling the user request. The most likely cause of this error is a crashed or error'd CGI script or program. Please verify that the program is properly compiled and/or operational and carry out any necessary debugging.

If you are not responsible for this resource, please send a bug-report to the address listed below describing your problem. Please include in the report the date, time, your e-mail address, the website on which this error occured and what you were attempting to do when this error occured. Your compliance is appreciated.

please let me know what i can do to get rid of this and get this working

ty in advanced

Edited by flopez82

Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work. I am installing in the catalog directory. I have my main site in the root and keep the catalog directory to test contributions.

I get a Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/content/a/r/t/xxxxxxxx/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Line 1195 is

return call_user_func($function, $parameter);

I uploaded the reset_seo_cache to catalog /admin/ includes

Also, when I am on the catalog page of my site and click on a product only the url changes. The title of the page stays the same.

If I try to change currencies then I get a product not found. If I go back to the catalog page and change currencies it works but not if I click to see a product.

In other words a customer can change currencies on the catalog page before they click to see a specific product.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

i need to remove this contribution

i deleted all the files but i am getting an error 500

can someone tell me the steps for removal please?

ty

GOT IT FIXED BY MY TECHSUPPORT DONT KNOW WHAT THEY DID BUT IT WORKS

Edited by flopez82