• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

That is usually because the .htaccess file is not set up correctly. You should verify the path is set correctly in that file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Error with reviews after installing 2.1d

After installing the Ultimate SEO contribution, everything appears to work correctly except for the review button.

When the review button is clicked, the link is invalid. The link is something like: http://myshop.com/catalog/item-pr-430.html%22

If I manually modify the link in my browser and remove the %22 the correct reviews page shows.

I checked the installation on all pages, and it appears correct. The installed version of Ultimate SEO is 2.1d.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, hope you can help me.

I've installed Ultimate SEO URLS 21da which seems to be working well, apart from the Manufacturers dropdown box. Thats not working now, it just goes back to the index regardless of which manufacturer you select. But when I set "configuration, SEO URLs, Enable SEO URLs?" to "flase" the manufacturer box starts working again. Can anyone help me make the manufacturers box work when SEO URLs is enabled?

Many Thanks

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I just installed the version 2.0 of this great contribution (2.1 didnt stack with some of my other contributions)

But anyways I got a little error because I use a shared phpBB/oscommerce site, I get this error when I try to login or create an account:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class cache in <domain>/includes/classes/cache.class.php on line 33

Its because I got this code in both of the files:

// Added for phpBB-osCommerce Bridge
 define("IN_LOGIN", true);
 define('IN_PHPBB', true);
 $phpbb_root_path = './forum/';
 include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
 include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);
 // End phpBB-osCommerce Bridge

I was just wondering if anyone know how to fix this Fatal error, or if someone know why I get this error?

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed this contribution and I have two issues:

* It's not affecting my category URLs (which result in Page cannot be displayed)

* I get Page cannot be displayed for product URLs and the URL has no / between the .com and the name of the .html page it produces.

I've banged my head trying to figure it out. The install seemed fine and the .htaccess file appears to be correctly edited and uploaded. Any kind direction would be welcomed.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all first, and thanx for this wonderfull code.

Guys I have a little problem.

I use version "Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da" witch runs very good. Whats my problem? Well... We all have'it.

My site has now 5 lenguage and supose I am reading spanish, and just whant to switch to english, the content of the page will switch BUT THE URL ADRESS ( the product name ) will still be in spanish ( not english). BUT IF I click another time on the english flag - only then will change the URL - with the product name in english. Why ? And How we can corect this small flaw?

My main problem is becose I whant a perfect XML sitemap. To do that I use xml-sitemap contribution. And this contribution will navigate and will make an index of strange pages like: product name in spanish and the content in english :(((

And of course the sitemap will be segnificantly bigger! :((

This problem it's for the experts, I can not figure out this... sorry guys..

I count on you!

Thanx all!

My site it's here.

My

osCommerce site is in my profile.

My tools will have to be: Photoshop, Flash, Dreamwaver, WS_FTP, XAMPP...

Using the best to create the best!

My contributions: Site Preload, others coming soon..

My install went easy breezy. Now I'm configuring it, and having a slight issue.

On my product page in admin, if I put "pink-fuzzy-slippers-keep-feet-warm", the URL displayed is http://www.domain.com/catalog/pinkfuzzysli...twarm-c-46.html .

I can't seem to get it to put hyphens between the words!

Also, is there an easy way to get rid of the letter and number before .html?

Thank you in advance!

• 3 months later...

hi all,

upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1d, had a bit of trouble the the htaccess but now everything works fine.

BUT the 301 redirect doesnt seem to work? eg I change the name of a category, both the new URL and the old one still work.. the old one doesnt redirect, as i'm presuming it should?

Has anyone come across any possible reasons for this?

Edited by adiwillow

hi all,

upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1d, had a bit of trouble the the htaccess but now everything works fine.

BUT the 301 redirect doesnt seem to work? eg I change the name of a category, both the new URL and the old one still work.. the old one doesnt redirect, as i'm presuming it should?

Has anyone come across any possible reasons for this?

I just installed 2.1d...keep getting 404 errors on product detail pages though. I have my files installed on the root of my domain...htaccess file reads:

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

<IfDefine SSL>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

</IfDefine>

</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

#

AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

#

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

#</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Hi everyone,

I think I have just discovered a little problem with Ultimate SEO URLs.

Originally I had thought that all my product urls had been changed to the format:

catalog/shoe-p-30.html

However, I have discovered that if I add a product that has options (e.g. a shoe for which you can specify a certain size) to the shopping basket, and then click on that items link in the shopping basket infobox, I am taken to the page:

store/product_info.php?products_id=30{6}19 , rather than:

catalog/shoe-p-30.html

It would appear that rather than directing me to the standard shoe page, the link is sending me to the page for a shoe of a specific size (chosen when adding the item to my shopping cart). The .htaccess file doesn't recognise this url ...and so doesn't convert it to a more SE friendly format. I would ideally like the link to take me to:

catalog/shoe-p-30.html (the normal shoe page - no size specified).

I don't want search engines stumbling across the SE unfriendly versions of my pages.

Has anyone else noticed this problem ...and does anyone know how I can fix it (hopefully with a nice simple .htaccess line!)?

Nick

Bobby

Please can you help me.

I have loaded all the files in the "Ultimate SEO URLs V2.1b dated June 2005.

I seem now to have your site as my page.

Visit My Website.

Can you suggest what I have done, and what I need to do to rectify the position and get your contribution installed correctly.

Your time at looking over this for me would be very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Error with reviews after installing 2.1d

After installing the Ultimate SEO contribution, everything appears to work correctly except for the review button.

When the review button is clicked, the link is invalid. The link is something like: http://myshop.com/catalog/item-pr-430.html%22

If I manually modify the link in my browser and remove the %22 the correct reviews page shows.

I checked the installation on all pages, and it appears correct. The installed version of Ultimate SEO is 2.1d.

I have the exact same problem....

Have you found a solution???

Dose anybody have a solution for that??

Best regards

Yossi

• 1 month later...

Hello,

There doesn't seem to be any posted here recently and a couple unanswered questions. Hope someone can help.

I have started with a clean install of the rc1 version. It seems everything is working properly except for instead of getting

http://localhost/newcart/hardware-c-1.html

I get

http://localhost/newcart/-c-1.html (no category or product name in url)

All the links go to the right pages.

Anyone have advice?

Hello,

There doesn't seem to be any posted here recently and a couple unanswered questions. Hope someone can help.

I have started with a clean install of the rc1 version. It seems everything is working properly except for instead of getting

http://localhost/newcart/hardware-c-1.html

I get

http://localhost/newcart/-c-1.html (no category or product name in url)

All the links go to the right pages.

Anyone have advice?

I fixed my own problem. If someone else has this problem. Do not rely on replacing the categories.php file with the one included. Manually compare line by line.

Hi Bobby,

Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm still getting error 404. I've checked the million pages of help here to no avail.

Im using XP with Apache 2.2

I've checked the mod_rewrite is installed and the following changes made to my .htaccess file.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

the url for my site is

http://crazystu.com.au

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks mate.

Dan

Hello Community,

this is actually my first replay ever. I'm using osCommerce for only some days, therefore is the shop layout not so beautiful so far and I

use the default database. Anyway, I'm using following oscommerce version "oscommerce-2.2rc1". I installed it into this folder http://www.eyetank-design.de/shop/

So far so good - I installed the Ultimate SEO package and everything seems to be fine! No error occurred and the URLs are looking fine

ex. http://eyetank-design.de/shop/cds-c-22.html

BUT when I click the link the site does not show up! "The requested URL /shop/cds-c-22.html was not found on this server."

Does someone can give me an advice what I might can change that the addon will work probably?

My .htaccess file looks like this.

# $Id: $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

<IfDefine SSL>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

</IfDefine>

</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

AcceptPathInfo On

<IfModule mod_php5.c>

php_flag register_globals on

php_flag register_long_arrays on

php_value default_charset UTF-8

php_value register_globals on

</IfModule>

# default domain

# Ultimate SEO URLs BEGIN

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /shop/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Ultimate SEO URLs END

# Added to fix article glitch on sub-articles (lonniew at gmail dot com)

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

</IfModule>

How do you solve canonical issue with this module

e.g http://mysite.com should direct to http://www.mysite.com or vice versa.

I have put the following redirect in my .htaccess file in my root

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mysite.com.

RewriteRule (.*) http://www.mysite.com/$1 [R=301,L]

whilst the above redirects my index page fine, it does not redirect my catalog folder (my shop is in /catalog folder).

I also have a .htaccess in my /catalog folder which has a lot of redirects from this contribution.

I'm pretty new to osCommerce, so this might seem trivial, but it has me stymied.

After installing Ultimate SEO, I was impressed with the clean, short URL's that ended with 'html'. However, after installing some other contributions, I noticed that the osCsid was showing up. As I read thru this forum, I couldn't really find anything that seemd to be the solutions, but I did see comments about setting Admin->Configuration->Sessions->"Force Cookie Use" to true.

I tried that and the osCid's indeed went away. But after reading that setting that to true was not such a good idea, I decided to set it back to false and look for another solution. To my surprise, the osCid's were now gone. I was using Firefox.

But today, when I accessed the site with IE, those pesky osCsid's showed up again. Then, as I browsed thru the store, they disappeared. Now, if I exit IE and then open it again and go to the index page for the store, I again get the osCsid for a page or two, then it disappears.

Is this normal? If not, does anyone know the fix for this?

Thanks,

Ken

I have installed 2.1 version (by Chemo) and have exactly the problem described here before:

have installed the ultiate SEO URL and have made the necessary amends using the additonal instalation file included in the download.

the product urls are working fine

http://www.office2me.co.uk/connect-gloss-p...k20-p-8832.html

but the category urls are still showing

http://www.office2me.co.uk/-c-80.html

is there something else i need to do in order to get the categories working correclyl or is this how they should appear

any help would be appreciated

thanks

I have read most of 70+ pages and checked categories.php, .htaccess . I cannot find what causes this problem. Why does everything work properly for pName but not for cName? You guys mentioned some "additional installation file". Where can I find it to try? What other could go wrong? Thank you for all responses!

I attempted to install the earlier version of SEO URLs many months back...maybe even a year or two ago.

I ended up with dead links galore and quickly abandoned it.

My question is regarding how I create the titles of my products.

A typical example would be: 1-5-93 Name Of Magazine-KEYWORD-KEYWORD

Simply the month, day, year of the issue...name of magazine...and a couple of keywords (names of actors) that follow, all divided by hyphens in the title.

When I tried this long ago, it took all of the hyphens I use and removed them...and put hyphens where there were none to begin with. I ended up with nothing but dead links all over the website.

Does the latest version accomodate punctuation in titles of listings?

I really felt I installed it correctly then. It just didn't work. And I've always wondered about the punctuation I continue to use in the titles of my listings.

I'd like to try it again, but...I'm nervous about what the contrib really does to my product titles...and the possibility I will end up with nothing but dead links again.