• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images size

Marsm

When the front page of my online store loads, the images at the bottom (the new products) are all present to 80 x 100 pixels. The same applies to all the small preview images once you've clicked on an image to get more information. Now, the issue that I have is that I am selling products that relate to images and about 50% of my exiting image gallery fits in these boxes without the images getting squashed, crammed or distorted.

Is there an add-on that I can load that will allow me to select whether an image is portrait or landscape? Once you click on "enlarge" the image that pops up is in its perfect proportions. It's those damn thumbnails that are killing me right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When the front page of my online store loads, the images at the bottom (the new products) are all present to 80 x 100 pixels. The same applies to all the small preview images once you've clicked on an image to get more information. Now, the issue that I have is that I am selling products that relate to images and about 50% of my exiting image gallery fits in these boxes without the images getting squashed, crammed or distorted.

Is there an add-on that I can load that will allow me to select whether an image is portrait or landscape? Once you click on "enlarge" the image that pops up is in its perfect proportions. It's those damn thumbnails that are killing me right now.

what I personally do is have a small and a big image.

I leave the image sizes in admin blank. So the images display as big as they are.

You could however install a thumbnail contribution.

I have that also for special purposes which let you define a percentage to which the image is resized while retaining it's proportions.

Treasurer MFC

Set just one dimension (height or width) and leave the other blank. That way the thumbnail will resize proportionately.

The settings you need are in the Admin section.

Admin | Configuration | Images | Small Image Width

Admin | Configuration | Images | Small Image Height

Archived