• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

drvonnd

I can't get past the New Installation Database Import screen. First it will not automatically import the database, I had to set it up manually. Then, after I have the info in the various fields when I hit <continue> the progress box comes up and then I get the error message - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Why is it doing this? The hosting service mysql should not be having this problem.

what are you using for your server name? localhost is usually the default

if you were using something different, try the installation again

what are you using for your server name?? localhost is usually the default

if you were using something different, try the installation again

If I use localhost I get an "Access denied for user" error. So I used the numberic address instead - and that is where I'm getting the error message.

Do you have any idea what the solution would be to get this to work either with localhost or with the numeric address the instructions say you can use?

yes, a better host.  you need to ask them how to configure the server for mysql

I've got it figured out :'( , finally!

The instructions for osCommerce should cover this better. Using the numeric address doesn't work (at least for me). You have to use localhost but in this format for an account under the account myfile:

Database Server ? localhost

UserName ? myfile_username

PassWord ? 123456

Database ? myfile_oscommerce

I assume y'all know this, but it took trial and error to get the "myfile" portion figured out becuase you don't use it with the Database Server or the Password.

Thanks for the comments! :D

the database server is up to how your host has this configured, not according to how oscommerce does it.

if you read in the knowledge base about the prerequisites, it states yo must have apache/iis, php and mysql with a database. thus ahead of time you know what your database name, setting, etc is prior to even installing oscommerce.

Archived