• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reset "requests" at footer

Jacson

Anyone know how to reset the number of requests that shows at the bottom of the page right side. It shows the "requests since [date]". there must be a reset somewhere or can you just have it NOT display?

Jac

imho you are better off not having it displayed to anyone, do you really want your customers knowing how many have been there, or your competitors keeping track of that?

imho you are better off not having it displayed to anyone, do you really want your customers knowing how many have been there, or your competitors keeping track of that?

I agree. I don't know how many people look at those counters anyway. As a web master, you'll want to look at your web stats using the host control panel and/or install Visitors on your osC admin panel.

• 1 month later...
How do I change from

"requests since Friday 19 November, 2004"

to  requests since November 2004

Thanx in advance for the support  :thumbsup:

hi arames,

find the following code in your includes/footer.php file

<td align="right" class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>  </td>

and edit out the counter startdate so that the code now looks like this:

<td align="right" class="footer">  <?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE; ?>  </td>

now go to your includes/languages/english.php file and find the following code:

// footer text in includes/footer.php

define('FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE', 'requests since');

and change it to:

// footer text in includes/footer.php

define('FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE', 'requests since November 2004');

your counter will now show as you want it to.

lea

well once you have edited the includes/footer.php that will effect the layout no matter which language you are viewing in..

but as far as i know you will need to edit each language file... i doubt it would automatically change the rest of the language files when you edit a line in one of the others.

make the changes in your default files and then see if it affects the othes but i honestly doubt it will.

Take John's advice and rip it out.

Just my 1 1/2 cents,

Robert

Archived