• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please check out my site..not live yet...

My site is not open yet and is based on the osc stock and it is not too fancy but I wanted to keep it simple since I have no idea what I am doing. I still have to update the products (threw some in for a test) and add lots of products yet (once I make them) I still have pages to fill out in the information box and I did some tests. Orders will not go through paypal...not set up yet. I would like to get feedback before I do too much so I can make any changes if necessary.

site is Kristen's Cat Beds

Thank you and I look forward to your feedback!

My site is not open yet and is based on the osc stock and it is not too fancy but I wanted to keep it simple since I have no idea what I am doing.  I still have to update the products (threw some in for a test) and add lots of products yet (once I make them)  I still have pages to fill out in the information box and I did some tests.  Orders will not go through paypal...not set up yet.  I would like to get feedback before I do too much so I can make any changes if necessary.

My site is not open yet and is based on the osc stock and it is not too fancy but I wanted to keep it simple since I have no idea what I am doing.  I still have to update the products (threw some in for a test) and add lots of products yet (once I make them)  I still have pages to fill out in the information box and I did some tests.  Orders will not go through paypal...not set up yet.  I would like to get feedback before I do too much so I can make any changes if necessary.

Site looks great for your first time! How come you chose a white background for the top, instead of going for the same creme look you have for the main pages. Color scheme is great (except for the guestbook, as that stands out a bit).

I get an SSL warning when going to check out, but besides that everything seems great!

Cute buttons =D

Site looks great for your first time!  How come you chose a white background for the top, instead of going for the same creme look you have for the main pages.  Color scheme is great (except for the guestbook, as that stands out a bit). 

I get an SSL warning when going to check out, but besides that everything seems great!

Cute buttons =D

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far! I decided to do the white on the top after seeing what it looked like one color (same as lower background) This way it stands out and ancors the top of the page (I think)

I changed my guestbook colors (they were set up from my previous website) It is more nuetral colors now.

As for programming the site I found the forums, knowledge base and contributions to be outstanding. Any questions I had I searched the forum first because many times it has been asked before.

My next big thing is to set up paypal IPN. After that I can get more products listed and go live!!! :D

I am in love with your buttons! ^_^ Did you draw/make all of them yourself? They look amazing, and really add to your site in a great way!

From your "Privacy Notice" page:

We do NOT share or sell personal information about our online visitors to ANY third party.

... except the USPS, right? ^_~

I am in love with your buttons! ^_^  Did you draw/make all of them yourself?  They look amazing, and really add to your site in a great way!

From your "Privacy Notice" page:

... except the USPS, right? ^_~

Thanks, I like the buttons too! I wanted to do something unique! I just worked with a graphics program to build them and save them as gif files. It just took some time to get the sizes right. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm LIVE!!!

No orders yet but I am still adding products.

I hope to add a contribution (if I can find one) that randomizes the products on the first page.

I added several contributions:

PayPal IPN

Checkout without Account

Adding Quantity to product description

Current Auctions

Sold Out Contribution (shows item even when sold out)

All my test orders seemed to go through so now it is just wait and see for regular orders.

I still want to add more shipping options in the future and maybe some other contributions too.

Remember I am live now so orders will go through!!

Thank you for all the help :D

--Kristen

Kristen's Cat Beds

Archived