• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

.htaccess on GoDaddy

aslan23

I remember seeing a post some time back by a person who said they had an example .htaccess file for use on a GoDaddy server.

I need one now, and the support person I got at GoDaddy didn't know anything about it. If anyone has .htaccess working in their GoDaddy account can they please post a sample that will work? I'm missing something in my attempts.

Best!

Randall

reason they dont know anything about htaccess is because it is something you setup via your cpanel, there is a menu option on their site once in your cpanel.

htaccess is not a function of oscommerce but of apache, and an htaccess on godaddy is not any different than an htaccess on any unix server. it is all dependent upon what youput in there.

search contributions for htaccess, same with the internet.

Thank you John;

I am aware of those things. However, I have not been successful in getting samples found in the contributions or on the web working. I think it is because I need an absolute path that I have no way of finding, and was hoping someone had a working example.

Best!

Randall

your absolute path is available via the godaddy file manager. you can also email you host for that info. everyone's system is different for their absolute path and only your host can tell you what it is.

Archived