• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Categories in Header Nav Bar

kelly34

Hi,

I have removed the categories from the left/right column and would like to put a drop box in the header navigation bar with the categories.

Could someone please tell me if there is a contrib for this or if not could someone script one for me. I am willing to pay for your time

Thanks

Hi,

I have removed the categories from the left/right column and would like to put a drop box in the header navigation bar with the categories.

Could someone please tell me if there is a contrib for this or if not could someone script one for me.  I am willing to pay for your time

Thanks

as long as you realize that search engines do not read dropdown boxes.

Treasurer MFC

<?php echo '<form method="get" action="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">',
tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_categories(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT))), $cPath, 'onchange="this.form.submit();"'), '</form>'; ?>

this will give you a drop down with the categories....

cheers and HTH

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

I am willing to pay for your time

PS send Harald something....he works hard at this.....

Peter McGrath

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

<?php echo '<form method="get" action="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">',
tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_categories(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => PULL_DOWN_DEFAULT))), $cPath, 'onchange="this.form.submit();"'), '</form>'; ?>

this will give you a drop down with the categories....

cheers and HTH

Peter M.

Thankyou for the code...

Could you please tell me what file I should be editing.

Thankyou

Well if you want it to show up in the top Nav Bar Top, and you have a standard oscommerce shop, then catalog/includes/header.php is where it normally resides. If you have added in BTS or STS, then I am not sure, since it will depend on your layout.....

cheers and HTH

Peter M.

PS. Don't forget Harald...... :-"

Peter McGrath

Well if you want it to show up in the top Nav Bar Top, and you have a standard oscommerce shop, then catalog/includes/header.php is where it normally resides.  If you have added in BTS or STS, then I am not sure, since it will depend on your layout.....

cheers and HTH

Peter M.

PS. Don't forget Harald...... :-"

Thankyou for your assistance.

Archived