• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ISO: Good affiliate system

Sincraft

Problem: we want to create banners to put on peoples websites with special links under them that take a person to our site, and if they purchase something..pays that affiliate a COMMISION , NOT a flat rate like all of the affiliate contribs out there. We also are definetely not interested in an PPC contribs/programs.

POSSIBLE solution - As I am surprise there hasn't been a contrib written like this, I was thinking, if there was a contrib that would have a link on an affiliates website, that would link a person to our site, and if that person purchased someting, an affiliate NUMBER would be amended to the order. This way when we see an order. Instead of order#13241, we would see something liek order number #123413-00001. (0001 being the affiliate). This way would could accurately track the commision. However, the affiliate would kinda have to trust us.

Any suggestions guys? Please help me out on this, I am getting pretty desperate as this is supposed to be a big portion of our $$ coming in. We have some big named people that owe us some favors and we want to cash in on this.

Thanks!

S

John,

That was teh first one I tried. Thanks for info though. I'll give it another shot and maybe I am missing something regarding the commision based sales. Did you have to add other contribs on top of this contrib? Thanks!

S

Sooooo, what contribs did you add to THAT contrib to make the affiliate thingy work. 15 or so? Sounds like you basically programmed your own affiliate contrib then. Cause the ones out there , well they are far from good. You should release one John.

S

Sooooo, what contribs did you add to THAT contrib to make the affiliate thingy work.  15 or so?  Sounds like you basically programmed your own affiliate contrib then.  Cause the ones out there , well they are far from good.  You should release one John.

I just finished installing osc Affiliate on my system. Took less than 30 minutes, and it works just fine out of the box.

There's a lot of extra stuff/comments/fixes in there. Just scroll down to May 3, 2004 and download osC Affiliate v2.03, follow the installation instructions and you'll be up and running in no time.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Einstein

Thanks OSO, but from what I understand, I can not track commisions based on a percentage.  IE:  Customer comes in from xyz affiliate and purchases something for $39.99, so I know to pay them $3.99 in commision.

S

Yes, you can do this with osC Affiliate. You can assign a default percentage, which is good for every affiliate. You can also assign individual percentages per affiliate if you wanted to give some affiliates a larger percentage.

Threre is another contribution, 1stOSC Affiliate, that only allows fixed payments instead of percentages. I don't know why they chose such a similar name as the original contribution, but it's really easy to confuse them.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Einstein

Archived