• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CSS Style question

PVK

I have noticed that when i view my shop with firefox, some things look quite different then in Internet explorer.

While most of it don't bother me very much, there is one thing that irritates me though.

The link colors in the boxes take on the standard html implementation which is the normal blue color and when visited the purple color.

This is a major ugliness in our shop when you view at the shop with firefox.

Does anyone know how to solve this (should be a little trick i suppose?)

Thanks

I have noticed that when i view my shop with firefox, some things look quite different then in Internet explorer.

While most of it don't bother me very much, there is one thing that irritates me though.

The link colors in the boxes take on the standard html implementation which is the normal blue color and when visited the purple color.

This is a major ugliness in our shop when you view at the shop with firefox.

Does anyone know how to solve this (should be a little trick i suppose?)

Thanks

I check my shop in both browsers and they appear more or less the same with a few exceptions (table boarders, a few positional things). Have you checked on a different machine using Firefox? If so, and you still get the standard colors, the problem is likely somewhere in the stylesheet.css - look at .infoBoxContents to make sure you haven't done anything weird.

One other thought - in Firefox, under the Tools -> Options -> General -> Fonts & Colors menu, having "always use my fonts or colors" checked will obviously alter the colors you see as compared to the CSS.

Got it!

I had an extra } (i had two instead of one) somewhere in a line in my css sheet.

I never noticed this, since in iE everything worked flawless, but when i viewed my site at my friends house with firefox, i was completely baffled by the ugly colors.

Now everything is working as supposed again

The only thing i can't get the same is the width / border issues .

928 px seems to be different understood by firefox then IE.

Maybe i will find out how to solve this, since now my header image starts over again in firefox (which should not happen)

Thanks

Archived