• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK-Based: Default osCommerce Installation.

hi, hope ye can help me.

im building an irish shop, have installed and setup cre loaded 6.15 and have made a few changes here and there and also added a good bit of stock. next on my list was to sort the create account page from US to Ireland. do i have to do a fresh install again and apply the patch or can i modify the code with the steps previously posted. i found a sql file with the irish counties, do i justy add this instead of the UK one. will the steps previously mentioned work with cre loaded 6.15?

also how do i change what items are required and which are not as i dont need "post code" to be required?

many thanks

Edited by RH keith

i just tried the London fix... and on changing my address through accounts --> edit address option it does not work. Now i assume your fix was only for the create account page and we may need to look in edit address page too...??? This is a fresh install on latest version with no contributions.

However, the greater london solution sounds like a plan!!! i'll do that for time being

• 3 weeks later...
also how do i change what items are required and which are not as i dont need "post code" to be required?

This seems to be an issue for me, as well. I mostly sell to US residents from the US but occasionally someone will want to order from the UK, Europe or Asia. Some of these countries don't have state/province or postal code. Any thoughts on this? I've had a difficult time finding any information about this on the forums. Thanks for your help!

This looks like an excellent contribution.

Does it address the need to specify several UK-specific shipping zones, based on post codes, so that one can charge an additional fee for Parcel Force to deliver to Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland?

(Apologies if you have answered this elsewhere.)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm creating a uk based store that is selling items with the different vat rates (zero rated, reduced 5% and standard 17.5%)

I tried adding another tax class and rate but when i added the 5% class to a product the product price (showing vat) is correct but the checkout total does not show vat at all?

Has someone else come across this (and managed to get it working?!)

Any help with this would be gratly recieved.

Thanks,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

There seems to be a problem with this contrib, in admin with Tax display set to true, when you create an account, taxes are shown ok, but if you goto into my account and click edit address, even if I don't change anything and just click the edit button followed by the update button, all prices are now shown without TAX, nothing has been changed, can anyone help.

Frank and Terra

This is a great contribution and as it is essential for my site I will continue to develop mine using it (accepting the risks! :( )

Has anyone included this within their site and managed to integrate it with Paypal?

As I am a php beginner/intermediate coder any clues would be appreciated

Regards

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

hi, after installing the contib, im getting this error in orders.php:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.customers_id = '3' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Any thoughts would help

Here is another county bug:

During the new account registration, if a customer enter "Yorkshire" as his county, the osCommerce accepts it but change the county to "Aberdeenshire". Normally if a customer enters a county which is not in the list, then osCommerce will ask the customer to select the county from the list. I am not sure why osCommerce accepts the input but change the county to "Aberdeenshire".

Here is another county bug:

During the new account registration, if a customer enter "Yorkshire" as his county, the osCommerce accepts it but change the county to "Aberdeenshire". Normally if a customer enters a county which is not in the list, then osCommerce will ask the customer to select the county from the list. I am not sure why osCommerce accepts the input but change the county to "Aberdeenshire".

I changed the abbreviation of "Aberdeenshire" to "ADN" and it looks the problem solved. I realised that Aberdeenshire was not in the original county list and added by us. We initially use "ABDN" as the abbreviation which caused this "Yorkshire" --> "Aberdeenshire" problem.

Is it eassy to change the format of the address? I know a couple of people asked the same question but no reply so far. Basically i am looking for the postcode to be on a line on its own rather then next to the county.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I changed the abbreviation of "Aberdeenshire" to "ADN" and it looks the problem solved. I realised that Aberdeenshire was not in the original county list and added by us. We initially use "ABDN" as the abbreviation which caused this "Yorkshire" --> "Aberdeenshire" problem.

I have added London 'LOND' to our list and if a user tries to change to this (selecting it in the first place is ok), it wont accept it and says

Please select a county/state from the County/State pull down menu.

Any ideas?

Floob.

Guys can you help...i think someone has asked this before but I can find no answer.

OS commerce is supplied by my hosting company and just does a defualt install so I do not have access to copy the relevant files over prior to install.

Can this mod be run after a vanilla install by using myphpadmin? and also copying over the rquired filees?

Some help would be really appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, wondering if anyone here can solve a problem I have with my shop which has been setup for a few years now but I assumed all the UK editing was finish with. I discovered that the channel Islands wasn't in my available countries and although I've added them because a customer wants to use them the shipping modual see them as "rest of the world" this is a problem because the Royal Mail see's them as GB. So the postage being quoted on my site is way over the top and I have to keep issuing a part-refund.

I've added the ISO code in each shopping mod but they are ignored. So how do I get the three islands to be accounted as GB ?

Looked in Zones UK = GB

I want Isle of man = GB, Gurnsey = GB and Jersy = GB don't I ?

Can I just add that to the zones or would replication cause any issues ?

TIA

Drifter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OSC user for years and no coder, so I've earned my stripes.

Feel free to private message me.

• 2 months later...

every time I add a mod things keep breaking :angry: (rant over)

PLEASEEEEEEEE can you help me (pretty please)

After installing this mod I signed up a test customer, I had to type into "County/State" Glamorgan (this later turned into a dropdown box???)

and then I went into "MyAccount" to see If it all looked right... Aberdeenshire was there in place of Glamorgan???

but then when I selected Glamorgan and tried to save it I was then told...

required field: Your Post Code must contain a minimum of 4 characters.

...only to notice that the postcode field isnt even there!!!

I have read sort/part of the same questions on here but can't seem to find a solution :(

anyone Please

• 1 month later...

Hi Alpha Ray.

I just tried this with

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1

Unfortunately I got the following error

1146 - Table 'MyDB.administrators' doesn't exist

select id from administrators limit 1

[TEP STOP]

Any plans to update it?

Ken.

• 4 weeks later...

This contribution looks great.

I have a heavily modified store but want this contrib.

Can anyone confirm for a modified store if I can apply doing the following:

1. Follow the tutorials for manual install

1. change the date format from US's (mm/dd/yyyy) to UK's (dd/mm/yyyy)

2. address modification

3. Changing Date Format in Admin's section:

4. Changing the layout of address_book_process.php

5. Are there any other bits?

[*]Get a list of counties - where do I get this from and what do I do with it - I guess I upload it to my database - is this a new table or an addition to an existing table?

[*]Update the database

1. Should I upload the SQL file, I'm guessing not as I'll loose everything I've changed for other contributions?

2. I've seen a mention to this - Change the address_format_id field for the entry United Kingdom from 1 to 2 - are these the only changes I need to do in the database?

Many thanks

Lotti

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Alpha Ray.

I just tried this with

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1

Unfortunately I got the following error

1146 - Table 'MyDB.administrators' doesn't exist

select id from administrators limit 1

[TEP STOP]

Any plans to update it?

Ken.

yeh thats what i got! Needs to be updated... big waste of my time so far

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have problem with 2.2 RC1, as well, although different to the one above.

I changed the sql files over, I installed everything OK, all went well. Dates changed, address formats, etc.

However, in Zones, it cannot find the UK counties, even though they are there in the database when I look with phpMyAdmin. For some reason, osC can't see them.

Also, the currency and VAT settings are not available, though they are meant to be after this contrib has been installed.

What's going on? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Schneckster

hi

I'm having problems with this contrib. I want the county/state box on the create_account page to be a simple text box where customers can type in their county. When I go to the create account page it looks like I want it to although when I click continue the page refreshes and it says I need to choose my county from the pull down menu - however, the only choice is 'United Kingdom'.

does anyone know whats wrong, or how I can just make it a simple text box?

I posted this in the General section before I found this thread, theres a few more details over there: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=279906

thanks,

Ben

Hi,

I have problem with 2.2 RC1, as well, although different to the one above.

I changed the sql files over, I installed everything OK, all went well. Dates changed, address formats, etc.

However, in Zones, it cannot find the UK counties, even though they are there in the database when I look with phpMyAdmin. For some reason, osC can't see them.

Also, the currency and VAT settings are not available, though they are meant to be after this contrib has been installed.

What's going on? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Schneckster

Sussed it!

The installation sql file for this contrib forces the zone_id. It seems that RC1 doesn't like it when the id is set for it and it can't seem to find it. I simply edited the sql files and removed the reference to zone_id and it's corresponding value in the INSERT queries for each county.

As for the VAT and currency... they're not in the sql (or at least I couldn't find them) so they'll be getting put in manually.

Cheers,

Schneckster