• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to save product images into folder

roedel

iam trying to save my products images into an folder that has the same name as the products category.

example

in the preset os commerce store, all images for dvd movies are stored in a folder named "dvd"

how can i do the same?

many thanx for your help in advance

ok now i created a new folder, saved my product image into it, but i cannot link the picture in the admin panel by typing "foldername/imagename.gif".

os commerce always cuts of the folders path, so only "imagename.gif" is left, when i press preview.

whats my misstake?

hello,

iam trying to save my products images into an folder that has the same name as the products category.

I'm interessted too in this topic. Some additionally questions:

example

in the preset os commerce store, all images for dvd movies are stored in a folder named "dvd"

yes - same behaviour in my initial OSC-2.2-MS2-Shop...

... some other product images are located in subdirectories which are named like the manufacturer:

- Microsoft-Keyboard: located in ./images/microsoft/intkeyboardps2.gif

- PC-Game Unreal Tournament: located in ./images/gt_interactive/unreal_tournament.gif

Is it possible (with the admintool) to create such an individual directory for a given filename? As far as I can see, all images (categories, manufacturers, products) are uploaded and stored to the same location, which is set in admin/includes/configure.php.

I looked in the database and saw that some product-images are stored only with the name and some other with a location-path:

insert into products (products_id, ... products_ordered) values ('22', ... 'gt_interactive/unreal_tournament.gif', ... '0');

So: path/filename.gif in the database?!? How can this be done?

I wonder how the directory-structure of the images in the initial-store of OSC was generated? With already included mechanism or manually?

regards

vroqser

Archived